The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   For Those Who Died Today... Happy Deathday! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11207)

Kath 01-10-2006 04:56 PM

We have another belated deathday to celebrate. Formendacil's deathday coincided with that of a very well known figure here on the Downs - Squatter! So happy deathday to you, if you're around anywhere.

Oh! And it was Lathriel's on the 9th. Merry deathday for yesterday.

Glirdan 01-10-2006 09:23 PM

Yes indeed!!! Happy belated deathday to all three of you!!! As for my sig, I will have the first deathday in it tomorrow as soon as I get a chance, even if I have to stay up until midnight!

Lhunardawen 01-14-2006 07:11 AM

*reads Glirdan's current sig*

Esty and Lalaith, happy fourth and third (respectively) deathday to both of you! :)

Estelyn Telcontar 01-14-2006 07:22 AM

Thanks, Lhuna! As is usual with commemorative days, I remembered mine too early and now too late. Wow - four years is a long time for internet involvement!

Lalaith 01-14-2006 09:21 AM

My goodness, is it three years already...seems like yesterday that I was just newly deceased...thanks for the good wishes, Lhuna!
And I feel very honoured to share a deathday with the highly esteemed Estelyn. Many happy returns, m'lady.

Glirdan 01-14-2006 02:52 PM

Happy belated d-day Lalaith and Esty. 3 and 4! Wow! Hope you have many more and full of enjoyment and ghoulieness!!

Lhunardawen 01-15-2006 05:30 AM

*reads Glirdan's current sig, yet again*

Oh dear Helen, I sincerely hope you'll be around to see this...but in any case, happy fourth deathday! :) Your infectiously cheerful presence is being sorely missed here!

Kath 01-23-2006 05:26 PM

I just know I'll forget to do this tomorrow so:

TGWBS - happy 3rd deathday!

Kuru - happy 4th deathday!

I hope you both have many more and that you, TGWBS, start participating in WW games again. I've missed you!

Lhunardawen 01-24-2006 01:23 AM

Happy deathday, tgwbs and Kuru! And advanced happy deathday for tomorrow, Shelob! :)

the guy who be short 01-24-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath
I hope you both have many more and that you, TGWBS, start participating in WW games again. I've missed you!

I'm in the current one, you oddball!

Anywho, thanks for the wishes from everybody. Also thanks to Glirdan, without whom I'd have known not of this wondrous day.

Three years is, I feel, an adequate amount of time to have spent with such singularly odd people. However, yet more years will not be rued. :D

Kath 01-24-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

I'm not counting that one because I died first day!

Lhunardawen 01-25-2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the guy who be three years dead

Funny, but it didn't seem like you were... :p

Roa_Aoife 02-02-2006 09:32 AM

Happy Death day to me!

A little over two years ago, I was happily traipsing along, when I happened acroos this discussion board. Wary of all the dead, I spent sometime merely haunting the forums as a guest. But finally, I came across a thread I just had to answer, posted by Lalaith. So, I died, two years ago to the day.

At first I hovered in the book forums, and then I spread to the movie. I stayed away from the games at first, to timid to try. Finally I found the Green Dragon Inn, a place to rest and enjoy the company of other travelers.

Sadly, I had to leave this place, and resurrect myself for troubles in the world above. Time passed, and I began to forget the 'Downs.

Then, one day a friend of mine suggested Googlin my screenname for fun, just to see what came up. Lo and behold, I found a link the Memoriam, and my old friend Fordhim's post that I was missed.

Again, I haunted the forums, not sure if I could return. Troubles abounded above. Then someone just had to post a poll titled "Is Eru God?" and I've been back ever since!

Thinlómien 02-02-2006 09:44 AM

Happy deathday, Roa!

Lalaith 02-02-2006 09:52 AM

Indeed, happy deathday, Roa, and I'm so honoured that it was me who killed you, as it were....What was the thread, were you agreeing or arguing? :)

Glirdan 02-02-2006 03:48 PM

Happy deathday Roa!! Now I have to go get you a prettiful coffing.

Roa_Aoife 02-02-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

What was the thread, were you agreeing or arguing?
I just checked- it was "Both yes and no.." about Elves and their counsel (or lack there of.) My argument was that Elves are over-rated, at least as far as wisdom goes.

This post in fact.

Naria 02-11-2006 02:14 PM

The first one is always important, so Happy Deathday Form!! :)

Fordim Hedgethistle 02-13-2006 08:52 AM

Cue the music

Happy Deathday to me,
Happy Deathday to me,
Happy Deathday,
Happy Deathday,
Happy Deathday to me!

May I haunt a thousand years,
May I spread a thousand fears,
I'm rotting,
I'm gibbering,
Happy Deathday to me.

Two years (and three days) dead and loving it.

Roa_Aoife 02-13-2006 02:57 PM

Happy deathday Fordim! I'm so glad you came around! :)

Encaitare 02-13-2006 03:43 PM

Happy deathday, Professor Jones!

Glirdan 02-13-2006 06:02 PM

DARN!!! I missed another Deathday!! Curse you school!! :mad:

Anyway, happy belated(<----add emphasis) deathday Fordim!! May you have many more.

*Note to self* Start putting deathday's in early.

Lhunardawen 02-14-2006 01:29 AM

Happy deathday, Fordim! Wow, it's been a long time since you complained about not being able to give any rep points away! :)

Glirdan 02-14-2006 04:40 PM

Happy deathday to Gil-Galad!! It has been three since this downer has joinged. May you have many more!!

Another deathday (which I missed :( ) I'd like to say is Fea. How could we miss this one!? :eek: I'm appalled at myself!!! Happy belated deathday my friend!!

Gil-Galad 02-14-2006 05:29 PM

i was like alright then... thanks dude's and dudette's

Glirdan 02-16-2006 10:06 PM

I can finally say it...HAPPY DEATHDAY TO ME!!! It's finally been one full year that I have wandered into my cozy little barrow and met all of you admirable people and Tolkien lovers. It's truly been a wonderful time!! Thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome and I look forward to many more years amongst all of you!! :D

Lhunardawen 02-17-2006 01:43 AM

--> not that I drink

Happy deathday Fea, Gil, and Glirdan! :)

Because it's your deathday, Glirdan, I'll hold from chastising you for not informing us of Fea's deathday earlier. :p

Feanor of the Peredhil 02-17-2006 07:45 AM

Hey, I missed my own deathday. Thanks guys. Three years is far too short a time to spend among such excellent and admirable... wait... three years? I've been haunting this place for three years? I need to get a life. ;)

Nah... this is more fun. And besides... looking at posts I put up when I was 15 is a learning experience. :rolleyes:

the guy who be short 02-17-2006 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fea
Nah... this is more fun. And besides... looking at posts I put up when I was 15 is a learning experience.

Looking at posts I put up at 13 is a nightmare inducing experience.

Happy Deathday to all you Tolkien-obsessed nutters. :D

Glirdan 02-19-2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Happy Deathday to all you Tolkien-obsessed nutters.
Well, I guess that applies today for two of them. Happy Deathday Oddy and Eruanna!! May you have many more to come!! :D

Eruanna 02-24-2006 12:03 PM

I missed it!
But thanks for the Deathday wishes...Three years...it seems like only yesterday :)

Glirdan 02-25-2006 07:48 AM

A happy deathday to our youngester, WaynetheGoblin!! Already a year! Happy deathday!!

Anguirel 03-16-2006 08:30 AM

I've just noticed that yesterday-the Ides of March-was my Deathday.

I was first enthralled by the Downs...a very long time ago. 'Twas the Name Generators what did it. My first Elf name was Minyaloke...not so entirely different from reality...

Hanghobbit and Mad Libs were also favourites. This was so long ago that I hadn't even read the Silmarillion, I think...

Anyway-perhaps three years ago? Maybe more? I first lurked at the forums. It was a practice I kept up for a very long time. By this time I was a proper Silmaphiliac.

And then davem and Lalwende got engaged. And I took it as a Sign from Above...

It's been a wonderful year, everyone. I've known forums before, but none can begin to compete with this-such intelligence wedded (sometimes literally!) to invention, and yet such an inclusive and friendly atmosphere. This place justifies the existence of the ghastly old Internet.

Three cheers to you all...

Glirdan 03-16-2006 09:16 AM

Curses!! I missed another one!!! Argh!! Well, time to get back on track! Happy (belated) Deathday my friend! :D

JennyHallu 03-16-2006 09:24 AM

Happy Deathday Ang!

Valier 03-16-2006 10:16 AM

Happy deathday to you! Your a rotting corpse too,happy deathday dear Angggggggg.......Happy deathday day to you!!:rolleyes: :p

Maeggaladiel 03-16-2006 03:22 PM

Happy deathday to me!!! Dead for two whole years, active for only one and a half. (blushes in embarrassment)

EDIT- You know, I just looked at the first page of this thread and noticed that I posted on March 16th of LAST year, too! And, strangest of strangeness, I said that I was celebrating with a science exam. Well, today, I celebrated with a math exam. Less fun!

Amanaduial the archer 03-16-2006 03:28 PM

Ah, silly me - I missed my own 4th deathday, as I forgot the 3rd, and the 2nd...;) Well, nevermind: two weeks or so late, but happy deathday to me! :)

Lhunardawen 03-16-2006 06:00 PM

Happy deathday Anguirel, Maeg, and Aman! :)

I've always found your rationale for joining very interesting, Ang. I'm sure only a few, if any, other members joined for the same reason. We're very glad you took Lalwendavem's engagement as a sign.

And Maeg, remember the early days of the Society? It's wonderful to see you more active now.

As for me...*sigh* three whole years. It's seems like only yesterday but at the same time it feels like I've been here forever!

Happy deathday, Lhuna.

Formendacil 03-17-2006 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
deathday, Lhuna.

Happy Deathday, Little Sis!

May your corpse rot in peace. :D