The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   crack me up characters (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5416)

Anorien 07-11-2002 10:08 PM

crack me up characters

Ya know? Boromir's character has always made me laugh! i have no idea why, maybe it is because i deem him stupid. well, if you look at it he is! "let us use the ring!" he just cracks me up! who do you think is the funniest character? Oh, and Frodo is pretty funny too! he like get's all pathetic in the end (I ca say that, because Frodo is my fav character)!

Lothiriel Silmarien 07-11-2002 10:16 PM

I know what your saying! Boromir makes me laugh sometimes too! And I sometimes picture them in situations where it would be funny, like they're riding on a horse, and then Aragorn makes everyone stop, "Hey guys, slow down, I gotta wedgie!" HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA *laughs hysterical* Ok.....that wasn't even that funny, but oh well!!!!

Catherine 07-11-2002 10:21 PM

I think Boromir is very funny, but the funniest character is Pippin. He is just so funny. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Gimli Son Of Gloin 07-11-2002 11:00 PM

Merry and Pippin are the two funniest characters in the book...

The Fifth 07-12-2002 12:18 AM

Well, I haven't read the FOTR. But from TTT and ROTK, I conclude that.. umm.. uuuhhh.. errr... uhh... hmmm.... well, I suppose.... I have no idea. But I suppose Pippin is funny. And Merry.

Anarya SilverBranch 07-14-2002 09:17 AM

I love Merry and Pippin in the books. Their really funny and just too cute. I think they did a good job protraying them in the movie.

Liriodendron 07-14-2002 10:20 AM

Oh, Bilbo cracks me up. In the hobbit, when the throng of dwarves come, he is hilarious. When he trys to pick the trolls pocket, PUHLEESE! In FoTR movie, he cracks me up practically everytime he's on screen! Bilbo's a natural. Gimli's pretty funny to! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nevfeniel 07-14-2002 10:30 AM

I loved it in the movie when Bilbo is pottering about his hole when Gandalf arrives. Heehee.

Liriodendron 07-14-2002 02:43 PM

How bout when he's got all that cheese hanging out of his mouth! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nevfeniel 07-14-2002 02:48 PM

http://www.westwoodi.net/~smilies/co...dday/laugh.gif

Anna Licumo 07-23-2002 08:38 PM

Gimli and Legolas are just down right hilarious, in the Helms Deep battle, when they're tallying up their kills. Helps lift the stress of all the batteling. Funny, funny.

And them when they met up with Merry and Pippin at Isenguard. When Gimli made his comment about being so mad and happy at the same time, he was suprised he would burst, tears were coming out of my eyes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Funny!

Lindolirian 07-23-2002 10:28 PM

GOLLUM!!! He is SO hilarious.
Quote:

Give me fish now and keep nassty chips.
Quote:

Yes, and Sam stinks too.
Its a pity he had to die. I wish he hadn't gone evil and gone back to the Shire to live with Sam and Frodo, as a noce guy of course. No more, Slinker/Stinker; just Smeagol. And get him fed up and give him some clothes, gee whiz!

Lady_Báin 07-24-2002 05:02 AM

Lothiriel that is hilarious then Gimli goes "yeah dude I gotta pee" heehee hahahahaha
I thought tom bombadil was not really "funny" but really jolly. I can just imagine him singing into the trunk of Old Man willow saying "cummon spit it out"heeheehee

[ July 24, 2002: Message edited by: Lady_Báin ]

gollum*elf*pup 07-24-2002 08:40 AM

oh of course gollum is funny! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] and sam's funny just because he acts so sweet. and boromir's funny...funny looking! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

MYyyPreciousSS 07-24-2002 12:50 PM

I think the funniest would have to be Merry and Pippin. Especially Pippin in the movie. And of course there is Gollum. I've always found Gollum to be hilarious.

Ithaeliel 07-24-2002 05:25 PM

Ooh! Ooh! I think Bilbo's funny too! In The Hobbit... in the beginning, I could not stop laughing at how he was so flustered! Heeheeheeheeheehahahahaha!

Galadrie1 07-24-2002 09:02 PM

Legolas and Gimli during Helm's Deep when they were kept comparing how many orcs they had killed was soooooo funny! i usually don't laugh out loud when i read, just smile, but that made me laugh so hard!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 24, 2002: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]

Lothiriel Silmarien 07-29-2002 01:31 PM

Thanks Lady Bain [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Nice touch, we should put these in 101 things LotR characters would never say! Gollum is hilarious too! I love those quotes! They made me laugh. Give me fish NOW and keep nassty chips. I love that one!

dragongirlG 08-07-2002 11:51 AM

I think Gollum is the funniest. Merry and Pippin are hilarious as well, and Legolas' and Gimli's competition is entertaining. Gimli's comment is very, very funny. It cracked me up.

Oh, and Bilbo is funny, especially in The Hobbit.

[ August 07, 2002: Message edited by: dragongirlG ]

The Green Ringwraith 08-07-2002 10:36 PM

LOL Merry and Pippin rock the house! And, for some reason, my friends and I now cannot keep a straight face when hearing or seeing Boromir. Its must be our inside joke.. "Fluffy!"... *snicker*

Boromir's Lady 08-14-2002 09:48 AM

For me Merry & Pippin were hilarious! Sam & Gimli had me laughing a few times as well!

Aroaraniel 08-14-2002 10:48 AM

Merry and Pippin were by far the funniest in teh books and movies...and I liked Legolas and Gimli's kill count as well!!

Rumil 08-14-2002 01:57 PM

Celeborn definitely has the funniest line in LoTR, directed at Boromir..

'Do not ignore the tales of old wives for they keep the knowledge of much it was once needful for the wise to know'

(not an accurate quote but best I can do from memory) [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Lomelinde 08-14-2002 02:30 PM

Merry and Pippin were definitely the comic relief in both the books and the movie. But I laughed more times while reading the Hobbit than most other books. Bilbo has got to be the funniest character... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lothiriel Silmarien 08-14-2002 03:12 PM

I got this LotR count on Moonrainstar.com or somethiing like that, but they counted how many times that Frodo held the ring in his hand, how many times he screamed like a girl, how many times Sam says Frodo instead of Mr. Frodo, etc. and one of the counts was how many times Gandalf looked extra fluffy. So Catherine and I watched it that night and counted (even though this doesn't match the other count on that page) and he looked fluffy about 116 times. So now when I see Gandalf, I always think of him as some huge white fluffy furball. And his new nickname is Fluffy G, or Fuzzy G if you prefer. A nice and stupid nickname! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Gayahithwen 08-17-2002 02:22 PM

I think the ents are soo fun.. Specially since I read the article about entish on the Ardalambion-site and thought about Quickbeam a little more.. Hey, this is probably to deep, so I'll shut my mouth.. ^_^

Otherwise.. hmmm.. I dunno what I thought of as most fun. I enjoyed it all and since I haven't read the TT and the RotK in a while, I don't remember so much more, exept for my own parodies of them and that makes me laugh..

Hhhhmmm... the last time I read the hobbit and the rest of the books.. I think it was when I read them in condesed versions.. They can be found here... ummm.. I think that was all I had to say. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ms. Took 08-18-2002 11:12 PM

Merry and Pippin are the funniest. Though Boromirs pretty funny too. I aslo think that Gandalf was funny when he was still grey. Once he became gandalf the white he was too serious, but before than I thought he was really funny.

Rose Cotton 08-20-2002 07:24 AM

Sam was the funniest charricter for me. Like Frodo said:
Quote:

"I want to hear more about Sam, dad. Why didn't they put in more of his talk, dad? That's what I like, it makes me laugh."
Gollum was funny too.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 08-28-2002 02:12 PM

I think Aragorn is very funny.

"Heyyyyyyyy! I'm the King, man!"

VanimaEdhel 09-01-2002 05:45 PM

In the books, Gimli and Legolas cracked me up. Personally, the whole blindfold fiasco on the way to Galadriel was great, I thought. And, of course, Helm's Deep...I hope they put that in the movie.

In the movie, Merry and Pippin, of course. Although: if I had been with Pippin when he pushed the skeleton into the well, I think I would have killed him right there...

Leona 06-04-2003 09:47 PM

I don't know if this is an exact quote, but this is the funniest part of the book for me, It's on the edge of Mordor, with Frodo and Sam just waking up, and then Sam demands to Know where Gollum has been.

"Hello Gollum, where have you been?" Frodo
"Sneaking!" Gollum

ElenCala Isil 06-04-2003 10:34 PM

I find Merry and Pippin to be two of the funniest, but especially in the houses of healing in RoTK, with Merry going on about his pack being lost..then Pippin (I don't have the exact quote) points out that it was beside him the whole time.. it sounds so dumb but I crack up everytime I read it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy 06-05-2003 04:43 AM

Quote:

Ya know? Boromir's character has always made me laugh! i have no idea why, maybe it is because i deem him stupid. well, if you look at it he is! "let us use the ring!"
... *patpats Gondorian Man* They don't mean it. I still love you. It's okay....

Anyway, I go with those that say Bilbo is the funniest. I adored him in The Hobbit, but who can forget Gandalf's wit? Gandalf was an old favorite with me and still holds a place on my list of favorite characters (granted, it's getting lower and lower down, but, still...). Merry and Pippin were great for laughs as well. I loved Gimli's insisting that Galadriel was the most beautiful and arguing with (forgive me, but I forget his name!) about it. It still makes me giggle insanely whenever I read it.

Meela 06-05-2003 02:41 PM

I cried at Boromir's death. I used to laugh.

I laughed an awful lot when Haldir died. And at all the Legolas action scenes that were in slow motion. And when Elendil got whacked against the rocks by Sauron I laughed, and when Elrond was all grubby and yelling "Isiiilduuuur!" I laughed.

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 06-05-2003 09:34 PM

Have you seen the animated Hobbit movie? Bilbo cracks me up: "EEEEEEEEEEEE!" That's just hilarious!

And in FotR, Sam made me laugh so hard when they were in Hollin and he said, "I thought we would be getting in sight of that Fiery Mountain." Or something to that effect. That made me laugh so hard. My friend didn't get it. I don't know why.

Wolvaurynomir 06-05-2003 10:08 PM

Quote:

Have you seen the animated Hobbit movie? Bilbo cracks me up: "EEEEEEEEEEEE!" That's just hilarious!
Heavens, that movie makes my sides hurt. We watched it in sixth grade after our teacher read the book to us. I can't remember much of it except that it made me laugh.