The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Jar-Jaromir. (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=9305)

Arwen Imladris 01-08-2003 03:02 PM

Jar-Jaromir.

<A HREF="http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/01/jaromir.html" TARGET=_blank>Here</A> is a link to an article about a Jar Jar Binks in ROTK! Sounds silly, but look at the picture! What do you guys think? I think that it was made up. I just don't see PJ doing anything that crazy...

Mattius 01-08-2003 03:36 PM

he looks soooooooooooooo cool!

Estelyn Telcontar 01-08-2003 03:57 PM

Thanks for a good laugh, Arwen! What a wonderful joke!! <p>[ January 08, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]

eleanor_niphredil 01-08-2003 04:00 PM

could you imagine Jar-Jar Binks and gollum? they would totaly drive each other crazy!

Arwen Evenstar the Fair 01-08-2003 08:10 PM

Haahaaaa!!!!! Thats funny, but also kinda scary lol!!

zacattack 01-08-2003 09:05 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> There's this funny scene where Jar-Jaromir decides it's best to hand the ring over to Sauron, but then he drops it and kicks it into Mount Doom. Hi-larious.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What Bull**** I mean how fake is that,there is probably one true thing in that "article" Digital Editing is brilliant and so life like but really half-brother of Boromir and Faramir

Abigail the Just 01-08-2003 09:27 PM

Eat your heart out Legolas. This new guy is gorgeous. He'll be the next heart throb for sure. <P>Abigail

Kalimac 01-08-2003 09:29 PM

Hee hee . I love the picture; heck, the Boromir costume actually makes Jar-Jar look a little better (granted, he's still an excrescence, but you know what I mean). <P>Random non-LOTR comment: If Lucas has any brain left at all, in the third movie he'll have Jar-Jar turn out to be a traitor who was working for the baddies all along. It's the only plausible explanation for him.

Fingo 01-09-2003 10:40 PM

That is horrible. And disturbing. Much like the real Jar-Jar! Haha! I totally agree with Kalimac. Thanks Arwen for the snort of amused derision. <P>*Fingo, lonely Hobbit Wanderer*

Pookabunny 01-10-2003 12:25 AM

Meesa gettin a baaad feeling about this!<P>HAHA I LOVE that some people really took that article seriously! I'm so entertained by people sometimes...all the time... <P>Thanks for the laugh!

Himaran 01-10-2003 01:16 PM

I'm with you, Pookabunny. IF anyone could take that seriously.......<P>Thanks soooooo much for that hilarious spoof - You realize that they are picking on Lucas for saying that Jar-JAr will be a hit with the younger audience so thats why they put him in. Hence the PJ thing saying "I think it'll be a real hit with toddlers." <P>Its great when you can just laugh a little..... or a lot.<P> Himaran

Cherie Centaur 01-10-2003 04:39 PM

I'm hyperventilating it's sooo funny! Thanks for the laugh.

-Imrahil- 01-10-2003 06:00 PM

Great laugh heh.

Rose Cotton 01-10-2003 08:27 PM

<BR> <P>OMG!!! That is so funny!! I mean..PJ isn't THAT stupid! <BR>My first thought when I saw that picture was: WHAT WOULD TOLKIEN THINK?!!

Shy Hobbit 01-29-2003 02:48 PM

Someone posted that link on the Third Day boards. We got a good laugh out of it. All kidding aside, that would ruin the movie beyone repair

eleanor_niphredil 01-29-2003 02:51 PM

Wait a minuit. If Boromir was really Jar-Jar, doesnt that mean he gets killed? Who in the world would have the heart to do that?

Ebony 01-29-2003 03:29 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Wait a minuit. If Boromir was really Jar-Jar, doesnt that mean he gets killed? Who in the world would have the heart to do that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> We can only hope.<P>Many of you seem to believe this article is a fake. But after TTT, I believe anything is possible.

Laialthriel 01-29-2003 03:33 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Jackson added, "I just love it when he shouts, 'Yousa steala precious from meesa!'"<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That is hysterical! Thanks for the laugh. That would be so incredibly, horriflying terrible if they tried to put him in somehow. I couldn't stand it. I would 'protest' in <I>the</I> most violent way. <P>Laialthriel

Galadrie1 01-29-2003 03:45 PM

That was great! I love that hairstyle on Jar-Jar. Thanks so much for the link, Arwen! <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> One fan tried to rationalize the move. "Maybe the Star Wars universe and Middle-earth intersect. Middle-earth certainly is a long time ago and why couldn't it be in 'a galaxy far, far away?' Nothing said it's our earth." He then broke down and started crying. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <p>[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]

Inderjit Sanghera 01-30-2003 01:56 PM

BBSpot is a great site. Has anyone read the 'Frodo lives' article?

Vardadurwen 01-30-2003 02:54 PM

Haha, my friend e-mailed me that article and I was going to post it. Looks like you beat me to it, Arwen. Oh well, I'm glad someone at least put it up since it is pretty hilarious. I got a good laugh out of it when my pal sent it to me.