Thread: Orcish Fear
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 06:58 AM   #78
bombur
Wight

bombur has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Step back from what? You believe in god?

I can offer the same amount of proof to validate either.

You see, what I am trying to say is that here people have stopped believing in eleves only in the 20th century, or majority of the urban people in the previous two, degree by degree.

I am totally unmoved by religion... not even opposing it like many atheists seem to.

I am not so sure that eleves (god) do not exist.

Strange observation though... many things the eleves used to want us to do have some practical, way of life - purpose.

If the barn elf is satisfied, it'll protect stored wheat from rot. And it wants things like keeping it's dwelling clean and neat. Funny.

Before building one should sleep a night out and let the ground elevs say if they do not want building in that place... not a far cry from feng shui.

Yes, I leave food out on the table at days of celebration. It is also nice bonus to get to wake up every now and then and nibble a bit.

And can you claim to KNOW that the spirit world HAS fully separated from ours? Or that eleves have left theese forests, have you been in them?

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyways, my point was that in some myth man/spirit/god difference is a line drawn to water if even that moreso then asserting that there is still drips of magic left in the finnish forests.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Janne Harju
bombur is offline   Reply With Quote