View Single Post
Old 03-29-2001, 10:50 AM   #6
Meneldil
Pile O'Bones

Meneldil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pile o' Bones
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Reincarnation of the Avari

<blockquote>Quote:<hr> Þus cwæþ Lindil:
The lorien elves were def. Avari and not Nandor/daaians who did not go w/ Denethor ?<hr></blockquote>

I was wondering about that as well - however, the thought of wading through the morass of changing Elven clan lines in HoME is rather frightening. I think I'll take Comrade Martinez at his word!

I think they would be given a choice to enter Valinor or not [ once therir purgatorial stint was over] and free tutorial in the language of their choice!<hr></blockquote>

I lean towards that view too. The only problem is that it seems to indicate that their stint in purgatory would only end if they agreed that Valinor was the place for them - which again indicates that they must admit that they erred in their original choice. This means I'll have to change my view about whether the Avari actually were wrong to stay back :-(

Keep in mind that a fair # of the Avari were of 'Noldorin' or more properly speaking the 2nd clan. And if they were anything like their more 'refined' Valinorean kinsman some of them were in for a long wait!<hr></blockquote>

Tatyarin? The little we see of them in Quendi and Eldar indicates that they probably were as bad, and not as well educated...

</p>
Meneldil is offline   Reply With Quote