View Single Post
Old 07-25-2000, 03:49 PM   #7
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

galpsi has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ghost-Prince of Cardolan
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: may I suggest 3 stages

If you are sure that you already know who your participants are, then you may not need to worry about Kittle's request that (the rest of us) be brought up to speed about which books and chapters, etc.
The way you are charging forward at present, it seems as though you are not interested in whether (or not) any of the rest of us get backgrounded enough to participate in your council.
While I can appreciate that you believe in proceeding in an orderly fashion, i.e.ground-rules, etc., Kittle's suggestion that those of us who have not (already) been in this discussion for a long time seems entirely sensible. Extensive ground-rules will be totally impertinent if you don't have participants who are both willing and able to participate. Which, in this case, mostly means participants who have had a suitable opportunity to acquaint themselves with the relevant texts.
From my limited experience with boards, I would argue that finding (and keeping) enough people who are interested in a long-term commitment -- and not just an initial burst of enthusiasm -- will be more important to your eventual (failure or) success than any other aspect of the project.
Unless, as previously inquired, you really already know who your participants are and you just wanted a venue.(?)

</p>
galpsi is offline   Reply With Quote