View Single Post
Old 08-15-2003, 02:52 AM   #82
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<tangent warning>

I will throw my 2 cents in only because this idea has been brought to my attention time and again as of late here at the Downs...

In the begining, when Burrahobbit, myself, and a few dozen other souls began congregating here, the sole focus was Tolkien discussion.

Now, as this thread [and many others] proves, the Downs itself, especially it's higher profile members are often the topic.

This strange, but I suppose predictable eveent, in a way has made of the downs a microcosm, or more aptly, a small little realm, and in this realm, we do have a King.

So while I may in some ways, lament the pre-occupation with the Downs itself [and I have been guilty of it, though rather fascinated at times] I must confess that just as in the Legendarium there is a hierarchy, so to we have one here.

Though I agree in the end, it is only the quality of the ideas/post that counts.

Quote:
Each most resembles himself, and that's good enough.
Well said.
<tangent over>

[ August 15, 2003: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote