View Single Post
Old 03-17-2003, 11:36 AM   #5
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Personally, I am watching the beechen twigs and waiting for the beechen leaf to unfold. Hoping to make it a more numerous event, I am also looking hard at the various oaks that crowd my lovely beech grove, and daydreaming about a chainsaw.

If I have my way, all but a few of the oaks will be cleared back to about eighty feet, leaving room for the beeches, the three witchHazels, the Rose of Sharon, the lilacs, a maple, and a few struggling pines.

I do love my beech trees. I have three little groves of them. One such grove my friend Gayle nicknamed Lothlorien. Following suit, I named the next one Fangorn. The one mentioned above that is struggling next to the gardens by the house, still has no name; I am pondering such possibilities as The Old Forest, Withywindle (but no river alas), or Green Hill Country or Woody End. Woody End may win (although I have not yet sighted Gildor there.)

If there were fountains of water, I'd consider the name "Rivendell", but alas... there are only two birdbaths.