Thread: All About You
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2003, 06:52 PM   #245
Marigold Hedgeworth
Pile O'Bones

Marigold Hedgeworth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Now that I've gone through all seven pages, I guess it's time to contribute.

Name (that you go by): Marigold, Mari, OjosVerdes, or just plain Rach
Age: I really like the 'opinions over age' aspect of this board, so I'll just leave this blank..
Occupation: Wouldn't that defeat the..ermm..agelessness? Let's just say...freelance student [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].
Future Aspirations: Go to Oxford, marry, have children, get published...but not necessarily in that order.
Goal in life: To glorify God in everything I do.
Short term goals: Catch up on sleep, overcome my case of 'Writer's Procrastination', and
Passion: God, friends, writing, future husband.(Might not know who he is, but hey...) And that last one was in a different sense than the first three, just to stop the comments before they start [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img].
Hobbies: Anything Tolkien or Austen related, writing, reading, apologetics, 'deep' discussions.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Being the quiet, opinionated one. (Yes, I'm a walking oxymoron, and proud of it! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])
Fave book: The Bible. Last one I think of, it goes first on the list. Anything Tolkien, most anything Austen('Specially Emma), the Jeeves Omnibus by Wodehouse, The Princess Bride, Tintin, and Calvin and Hobbes.
Fave movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Princess Bride.
Fave sport: Does foosball count? I'm the foosball queen [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img].
Fave store: Any musty, dusty little bookshop with no cataloguing system whatsoever.
Fave music: Classical, Michael W. Smith, Michael Card, Rich Mullins(the best songwriter ever, bar none.)
What you can't stand: Mashed potatoes, horoscopes, ticks and centipedes.
What you plain dislike: Snow in my shoes.
Who you admire: God, my parents, for raising me right and instilling that first admiration in me, Rich Mullins and Michael Card for their awesome talent as songwriter, and many others that I can't think of at the moment.
What you most love to do: Read, write, spend time with family and friends, and have little random conversations with God.
Your self-confessed flaws: I have a perfectionist tendency and a lazy side that keeps me from working toward that perfectionist tendency, so it takes a supreme effort to get anything big done.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Just about everything, if I think about it long enough. I'm particularly fascinated by such questions as: Were Adam and Eve hairless? After all, nothing died before the Fall, and hair is made up of dead cells...just something to think about [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].
Quotation(s) to live by: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."(Sure it's cliched -- the best things are, merely because they're the best.) I don't remember the reference...oh, well.

"If you don't daydream and kind of plan things out in your imagination, you never get there. So you have to start someplace."
-Robert Duvall

Additional comments: This was a good thread. I've been at the computer for almost three hours now, so I'm just going to stop typing...

...Edited for spelling...

[ January 26, 2003: Message edited by: Marigold Hedgeworth ]

--G.K. Chesterton
Marigold Hedgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote