View Single Post
Old 03-27-2003, 06:46 PM   #338
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hilde, you're a luv & everything is now down to a dull throb until I have to have my knee re-done next month. That should be fun. And don't feel bad - believe me, I see the ridiculousness of the whole thing myself. How could anyone help but laugh?

Rae - This was 03/06. Most of the bruising (or SPECTACULAR bruising as my sister says) is down to a dull yellowish-gray now. My nephew asked me how I got 2 black eyes and I told him it happened when I picked my nose. Bwa ha ha ha! I know, I'm so evil! But like I said, I intend to squeeze some fun out of this one.

My older sister came down from CT the 1st weekend to help out and then my younger sister came from FL this past weekend to relieve her and will be staying until Sunday. While we were all together this past weekend we decided to have an early b-day celebration for me and my younger sister decided to unleash her nefarious scheme to get me wasted so I could forget my troubles for awhile. To make a long story short, we loaded up the FotR ext. DVD and proceeded to play a LotR drinking game that she swears has rules - although we were fairly certain she was making them up as she went along with the express goal of seeing how many shots of tequila I could down before I totally lost consciousness. I swear, if I never see a lime again as long as I live...

Though I was well and truly drunk before the 2nd CD went in, I do remember being forced to sing the "Heigh Ho" song several times before finally being allowed to go to the little girls' room. And don't worry, I had already been off the pain meds. for 2 days (with the exception of X-strength Tylenol which they will have to pry from my cold, dead hands). Kids, don't try this at home.

Anyway, what I remember of it was fun. You have to say J.R.R. Tolkien everytime...
- A hobbit cries
- Frodo falls down (but it doesn't count if he's pushed)
- A black rider screams
- Someone speaks in Elvish
- Aragorn looks disgusted (which was cause for several arguements - kind of ambiguous, wouldn't you say?)
- The Ring whispers
- Gandalf does magic

There was more that I can't remember but you get the idea. The last one to say J.R.R. Tolkien has to do a shot. Needless to say, the more shots you do, the slower you get and I was already at a distinct disadvantage so. And much to my chagrin, saying "Jaaaarrrraa Tooknuh" didn't count. I think they made me do 2 shots for blasphemy.
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote