View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 04:53 PM   #39
Theron Bugtussle
Wight

Location: Blowing the froth off a couple in this quaint little pub in Michel Delving.
Theron Bugtussle has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

This reminds me of the one about the orchestra conductor who had struggled throughout his single life with whether to marry a beauty or a musician. A musical wife would be able to appreciate his life's work and contribute to it thereby. And a beauty, well, ...needs no other justification.

Finally, at a party, he met an up-and-coming opera singer that was stunningly beautiful. He fell head over heels in love, and was able to win her heart in short order. They were married and on their wedding night he was just rejoicing that he had not been forced to make a terrible compromise and do without either beauty or musical talent.

While pondering his good fortune, his new bride began preparing for bed. She removed her makeup, and was transformed into a rather homely sight. Next, she took off her wig, and he was horrified to see the thinnest wiry hair imaginable. Before he could recover his composure, out came her dentures, plop! into a water glass. When he thought it couldn't get worse, she sat on the edge of the bed, flashed a toothless grin at him, and proceeded to unstrap a wooden leg.

This was all too much for the maestro, who in a fit of desperation, jumped up on the bed and yelled, "For heaven's sake, woman, SING!"