View Single Post
Old 02-22-2003, 03:33 PM   #1
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril The Return of the Lion King?

A strange concept popped into my strange head last night: The story of Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings is so much like the Lion King! Here's a little comparison if you don't know what I'm talking about:

Aragorn- Simba. He's the descendant of a king, perhaps once he would have been proud to be one; but now he's ashamed of himself and his bloodline, and he can never go back to Gondor/Pride Rock to reclaim his place as king!

Arwen- Nala. She encourages Aragorn to retain his rightful place and make his daddy proud!

Denethor- Scar. He claims lordship over Gondor and what should be Aragorn's, but he just makes it worse- the people are FAILING!
Boromir- Kovu. He TRIES to avenge his papa, but he can't... resist... THE RING! And he becomes loyal to Aragorn... before he dies, dangit.

Faramir- Other Kovu. Looks to daddy for guidance, wants to please him, but becomes loyal to Aragorn and is CONFUSED!

The One Ring- Kiara. She tempts everyone... stupid temptress...

Gilraen- Sarabi. Duh, she's Aragorn's mom. She encourages him to be the best he can be.

Arathorn- Mufasa. Sure, he was the king... but he died.

The Fellowship- Timon and Pumbaa. "King? We don't care about no stinkin' king! We just wanna have fun with our new friend! Hakuna matata!"

Now, can you imagine a little Aragorn singing "I Just Can't Wait to be King?" This makes for some pretty funny imagery. Yet I wonder whether the entire movie(s) wasn't just animalistic plagiarism off Mr. Tolkien's works...?

Have fun with this one! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote