Thread: The Chicken
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2002, 01:01 PM   #107
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I believe greater scientific knowledge has disavowed that notion, Sud. The genetic code that is the chicken is in place and extant within the egg, before the fowl creature has emerged. Hence, a practical and applicable model for the answer that the ovine concept supercedes any poultry notion otherwise.

Philosophically, but with a biological bent, there is another reason. Chickens were not always chickens. They evolved from something close to today's chickens, the oft-feared pre-chicken chicken (PCC). The PCC in turn evolved from the Pre-PCC and so on. In each evolutionary shift, the work was done in the coding, which as previously studied, was present in the egg.

At the evolutionary drop-off point, where accurate chicken-classifiers (ACC) would determine the PCC had stopped being a PCC and was now just a C, it would be the egg of the C that preceded the C and 'came first'. Interesting for ACCs to think of the PCC nurturing the C to health and adulthood, not realising it was soon to be supplanted. The death of PC, finally.

My tongue has pierced my cheek. Ouch.