View Single Post
Old 08-29-2003, 01:01 PM   #838
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
1420!

Quote:
Sure thing, Master Dwarf! Joint party it is! I'll bring the miruvor!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bah! Miruvor! What we need is some nice strong ale, lass! So, where's the party? Doriath, Ossiriand, Gabilgathol or Tumunzahar, which you in your tongue call Belegost and Nogrod? Aye, I know, all four now lie beneath the sea... We could have an underwater theme. Is Beren coming?
Underwater theme it is! Why don't we meet in Ossiriand, perhaps at the Sarn Athrad, and then journey to Belegost and hold our party there? I am quite interested in seeing one of the mighty realms of the dwarves, for in all of my years upon this Middle-earth I have not yet had the privilege of surveying a dwarven hall (as long as it's all right with you, of course). As to the ale, I was going to suggest that, but one figures, leave the ale to a dwarf or a hobbit, and bring to a party something that the elves can supply (see message icon [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). And yes, Beren would like to come, if that's all right. I'm not sure what he could bring, though.

Quote:
You're obsessed when you can make every single assignment in creative writing about LotR.
To expand on that: You are given a creative writing assignment that is supposed to a sort of fantasy-type thing, and you are required to use certain characters. The title you must use is The Lord of the Things (all of this is true, it is an actual assignment I had about a year and a half ago!). One of your characters immediately becomes an elf, and the evil guy makes people sick with his LIsterine Breath and doesn't like getting stabbed in the leg. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
You know you're obsessed with lotr, if you find your long lost sibling here.
Did you really, or was that made up?

Quote:
Oh, and just for the record, I've gone off Denethor temporarily, and am now torn between Boromir and Isildur.
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Did I just read what I think I read? Oh well. If I remember correctly, it has crossed my mind that Meela would like Boromir some day. It just seems quite probable, and now it has happened! Meela, what is it with you and people of Numenorean descent? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Now for my contribution to our ever-growing list:

-You constantly feel as if you should further your obssession, even though you're obssessed enough as it is.

-You are taken into a jewelry store at the mall against your will. You try to make the most of it by searching for anything that looks like a Ring of Power (I was looking for the Elven Rings, in particular, but I didn't find any [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ).

-You are also taken to Eyemasters and you sit there looking at those advertisements for color contacts that say things like "Lisa enhanced her blue eyes with our Pacific Blue contacts, blah blah blah". You notice that one of the models was named Estel. (I thought that was cool!)

-I think I'm drawing my mom into my obssession. I don't know. But she knew what I was talking about when I told her about the picture of the girl named Estel wearing brown contacts, and she seems to understand a lot of the other things I do, too. So that would definately be a sign of obssession: I'm drawing others into my obssessive vortex. Go me!

(I'm amazed you guys even read my posts. They always turn out to be so long!)

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote