View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 05:11 PM   #1009
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I do believe we're walking in circles! Gandalf insists that he knows where he's going, but I think that deep down he's just a grumpy old man.
Arwen, I would like to second that opinion! I don't know what happened to make him like that. He didn't used to be so grumpy. I think it's that dratted dwarf's fault...

--------------------

"Hurray!" cried Pippin, springing up. "Here is our noble cousin! Make way for Frodo, Lord of athe Ring!"

"Hush!" said Gandalf from the shadows at the back of the porch. "Evil things do not come into this valley; but all the same we should not name them. The Lord of the Ring is not Frodo, but the master of the Dark Tower of Mordor, whose power is again stretching out over the world! We are sitting in a fortress. Outside it is getting dark."

"Gandalf has been saying many cheerful things like that," said Pippin. "He thinks I need keeping in order."