Thread: Mad Libs
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2002, 07:19 PM   #26
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Yes, yes, I know this is my billionth post here (I don't mean that literally), but someone's gotta keep this topic alive! *ahem*

The Choices of Master Samwise

Laying hold of the balrog wing with his left hand, Sam swung it up, and down it came with a whistling crack on Gollum's outstretched earlobe, just below the cerebral cortex.

With a squeal Gollum let go. Then Sam waded in; not waiting to change the balrog wing from left to right he dealt another squeaky blow. Quick as a chipmunk Gollum slithered aside, and the stroke aimed at his hemoglobin fell across his uvula. The balrog wing cracked and broke. That was enough for him. whistling from behind was an old game of his, and seldom had he failed in it. But this time, misled by happiness, he had made the mistake of singing and dancing before he had both lungs on his victim's neck. Everything had gone wrong with his beautiful plan, since that horrible blond hair (courtesy of Legolas) had suddenly appeared in the darkness. And now he was face to face with a furious enemy, little less than his own size. This fight was not for him. Sam swept up his entwife from the ground and raised it. Gollum squealed and springing aside on all fours, he jumped away in one big bound like a newt. Before Sam could reach him, he was off, screaming with amazing speed back towards the tunnel.

EDIT: the uvula is the dangly thing in the back of the throat.

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote