View Single Post
Old 12-25-2003, 09:38 AM   #371
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Ooo, Child, you've got the bug.

Lyta, sounds like you & I would make a good pair. I wear hobbit-clothes all the time. I went to the movie in "regular clothes" (for me) plus a cloak and Lorien brooch; and everyone thought I had "dressed up" as an elf. Lots of compliments.

This is a costume??? I thought it was regular clothes. Since it was winter, I wore long pants and wool socks with the sandals, so they assumed elf instead of hobbit. I forgive 'em.

The folks at work have me pegged. ONe gave me a TTT EE calendar. When I sit at my desk, I'm confronted with angry Frodo, Sting pointing at my throat. (Don't you know your Sam???) And another colleague (in the "Secret Santa exchange") gave me an in-costume Gandalf. Wow.

Our best friends and my husband teamed up to find me LOTR Backgammon (definitely what they play at Edoras) and Trilogy Trivial Pursuit... Amazing. The new TP rules blow my mind.

THe Fellowship marches across my Northeast bookshelf; the Mirkwood longbow rests atop my southwest bookshelf. Three sets of Bookends (okay, I have two Smeagols and not One each Smeagol/Gollum, but the second Smeagol was free...) A mini-Legolas; a Bag-End keychain...

Embarassing quantities of paperback Boxed sets of the Trilogy + Hobbit. Many critical books... maybe someday I'll read them all... (blushes) I'm still missing some of the final HoME series: Sauron Defeated and Peoples of Middle Earth. The rest are all there waiting...

Both Theatrical and extended of FotR and TTT, Rankin-Bass hobbit & RotK, and Bakshi, and a couple other odd shows.

MUSIC: woohoo! All three soundtracks; all three Tolkien Ensemble CDs; Starlit Jewel (pride & joy); Andi Grimsditch; Giuseppe Festa (aka "LinGalad": totally awesome); plus whatever I could download off the net like the Donald Swann stuff and some freebie clips; plus 2 ancient Rankin-Bass LPs that I have to get onto CD somehow. Starlit Jewel Songbook.

Lotsa bookmarks. One Gandalf BK goblet.

BBC LotR on CD; American Hobbit on tape.

Many maps that I downloaded & printed from the net. Must hang them up! Or mount them like Bilbo did... or something.

Costume stuff: Two cloaks, one blue, one brown (must make a green/grey one!) Four cuorderoy and one velvet "Hobbit" jackets; one Bilbo red velvet vest (stil looking for a brown Frodo vest, AND now for a silver RotK "Havens" vest with sea-blue jacket... )

And a GORGEOUS personalized LOTR mug that Rae made for me. You **rule**, babe.

(Blushing: I wonder what I forgot.)

No wonder everyinone thinks I'm nuts. My only consolation/ defense is that my friend's kid has WAY more action figures than I do (He's got all the bad guys too.)

Next question... do I want the United Cutlery Sting or the inexpensive one...?

(sound of straightjacket being prepared)