Old 12-28-2003, 06:32 AM   #201
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

WOW!!!!!

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Fantastic Writing Everyone!

Merry christmas too, belated as this is.

Firstly, thanks to LMP for keeping this going whilst I was off scatting about. The fight at the camp and within the ruins was wonderfully put together.

That is no mean feat, given the diversity of characters involved. You all worked wonderfully together. For those of you new to such collaboration, I hope it gave you a taste of how much fun it can be. Anything can happen, and usually does, and with so many creative people, the story is inevitably interesting.

As far as I can make out - the camp fight is concluded in favour of our folks, without injury with a prisoner to question.

I have caught Uien up as best I could contrive, after being rusty at such things after so long a break. She's slipped her two pursuers, and has circled back to follow Falowik.

She applied her healer's knowledge in a forbidden way, and the result was that she killed two men, though whether it was her intent to do so remains unclear still. Uien could not have done so without being injured, as both men had swords and knew how to use them. She caught one by surprise, and took a wound to her shoulder as she took the second.

She also injured her hands as she picked up his sword to cut Falowik's bonds, shock falling over her. Uien is not gravely injured at all, but she is in deep shock and is loosing blood. Consequently, Uien is sucuumbing to the stones utterly and I expect that Uien will learn the grotesque secret of the stones in the hours leading to dawn.

What comes next is the reuniting of the group at dawn. This could happen in a number of ways. Falowik and Uien could make their way back to the group. I don't think Uien will travel far though in her current state, and there are still the two men and others in the ruins to contend with.

What seems more likely to my way of thinking is this:

The remnant attackers will ride off at dawn, deciding belatedly to report the group to their superiors in the wake of their defeat. It is now obvious that the group represents a threat. Falco will insist on going to Fornost to root out the "traitors" - namely Falowik and Uien.

The group could take the injured prisoner with them, wishing to find Falowik and Uien for their own reasons (concern for their safety or to bring them to justice).

Once all are at Fornost, Uien will tell them what the stones are telling them, and things will take a darker turn for all. Meanwhile, the enemy will now be roused and gone are the dull and eventless days of travel. The group will have to make a choice: pressing on to find Eodwine through territory held by terrifying foes (as revealed by the secret of Fornost) or returning to Bree to gather reinforcements.

I expect a division in the group over what seems the best option. Some characters may well decide to turn back and others may decide to press on. That choice rests with what you think best fits with your character.

Again, fantastic work people. I have missed this RP. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight