View Single Post
Old 10-10-2003, 01:36 AM   #34
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Kandel slid up beside Kirima, and listened along with her. A crowd, alomost all of the town had gathered for some sort of meeting. Kandel was not sure he liked what was happening.

“People of Bree!"

"I come to you now with most perilous of news. As some of you already know, there is at this time, a band of maruading wildmen camped within a day's walk of your bold city gates! We rangers, protectors of your lands for time untold, have agreed that this is a threat we are all forced to face."

Kandel balled his fist. 'I knew this wouldnt be good' he whispered to Kirima. She looked like she understood exactly

He observed the man that spoke, and by his dress, and his accent, he took him as a Ranger. His father would not be pleased with this news.

"We've now no other option but to prepare for the coming hoard! There is no escape from this peril that threatens not only your homes, but your very way of life! They will overrun your lands, they will burn your homes, and they will slaughter your children! The only way stopping them is to fight back! We must fight against this menace!"

Kandel raised an eyebrow 'I'd hardly go that far' he scoffed, but Kirima didnt see the humour in it at all.

He wasted no more time eavesdropping, but moved qickly off. Once they were a fair distance away, Kandel relaxed a little.

'Those Breefolk seem way to nervy for my liking' Kandel said with a small smile Kirima's way. He was about to make another joke when Kirima turned to him...

~*~

Lotar trudged along the main Bree road, with Soran not far behind. He tried to keep jovial for his friends' sake. He noticed he was not in the happiest of times, and was suffering.

Lotar spread an almost cat-like grin across his face when he saw an aged halfling slowly making guiding his cart down the road. Picking up his stride, he made an almost mocking greeting when he approached the old hobbit, stopping the cart with ease.

'My my, what is a gentleman like yourself doing out here on such a cold night?' The hobbit's face fell, and Lotar saw him calculating what he would do next.

'We mean you no harm Mr Hobbit, as long as you have something we need. Youe see, weve had naught to feed our bellies in this cold for many a night. Would you happen to have a crumb of something in that pack of yours?' Without waiting for a response, he reached behind him and opened the flap off the pack of the hobbit and rifled through till he found a small loaf of hard bread.

'Thanking ye kindly for yoru generosity. I wouldnt think to take all you have good sir, so I'll be leaving you now' and with that strooled further down the path towards the town.

Soran hadn't said a word the whole time. Lotar watched him catch up and offered him a chunk of the bread. It was then that he broke his silence...

[ October 10, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]