View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 02:48 PM   #122
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Guthwine

Guthwine grimaced and openly scowled as Lotar's words of abrupt dismissal brought back heavy memories, Not now....not again! I swore we would never lose another woman or child out of failure to act. As anger welled inside his heart, Guthwine's hand strayed imperceptibly towards the heavy, double-edged blade that hung from his girdle. Clenching his fingers about the hilt, he struggled against a string of bleak memories, but then managed to push back the shadow of fear engulfing his mind, leaving him free to control his actions if not his every word.

He removed his hand from the top of the pommel, letting it slip down by his side, and then took two steps backward, responding in an icy tone, "Lotar you will not put me off as you once did. The council at Weather Hills has made its will known. I am here to see you begin preparations for an imminent attack on Bree. Either you order that boy and the others to go out recruiting and begin their assult on the nearby farmsteads, or I will step in and do it myself!"

With that final jab, Guthwine hurled the Council's dispatch over to Lotar, then whirled around stomping off down the path to find a spot to set up his tent. Guthwine had meant exactly what he had said. He expected to be here for the next few weeks, pushing and prodding Lotar forward, and, if the situation demanded, he would not hesitate to seize direct control.

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

[ November 04, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]