View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 04:08 AM   #77
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Here it is! Ive been tweaking with it for a bit, but I would really appreciate your opinion! Anything that needs changing, dont hesitate to tell me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~*~

Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? Yes. The Return of the Grey Company, Swan Wood, Sailing Away, Breelanders All.

How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? Swan Wood, and Breelanders All.

Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? Yes, White Horse.

NAME: Malin Sandbrace

RACE: Dwarf

WEAPONS: A large axe, and a set of small throwing axes. She also has a dagger in her boot, but it is more for eating than a weapon in most cases.

APPEARANCE: Brown eyes and long brown hair, braided and kept under a helm at most times. As is necessary, is garbed in armour and also has a fake beard to disguise herself.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Malin has the temperament expected of any dwarf. She has a generous stubborn streak, and a passion for defending what she loves, her home and her honour. She also has the typical act-first-think-later attitude, and in her situations it has gotten herself into a great deal of trouble, even if she has seen little of war. She does have a tendency to be a tad clumsy, but only when her mind strays too far from her body. When in peril, she is as sharp as her axe.

HISTORY: Marin is the daughter of Olin Sandbrace and her mother Evin, who both passed when she was young. Taken in by aunts and uncles along the span of her life, Malin has found that a suitable guise has gotten her past life’s troubles. She works in her Uncle For’s smithy, and is a praised weapons maker.

~*~

Taralphiel's post

Malin slowly heaved the glowing metal to be a new axe out of the brimming fire, and stepped as deftly as she could to the barrel of water to cool it. This gave her the greatest joy, to watch the simple form of metal take shape. She let one hand go and scratched the tip of her nose with a grumble. Then, furrowing her brow, she lifted the cooled metal out and sat it back on the anvil, pawing around for the right mallet for her purposes.

Her Uncle shuffled in at that point, and in his wizened old hand he held a small note.

‘Malin my dear lass! Balin has a thing to request ye! This letter was delivered! He may have liked that last axe you forged him’

‘Aye I hope so! I worked a while on that one! One of the best I’ve made! But I need not tell you than Uncle!’ She took the letter and thanked him, and watched him slowly leave. She tore open the seal and began skimming it.

‘Well, bless me!’ she said aloud, almost dropping the tool she had been looking for. ‘He wants me to aid in rebuilding the Great Halls! He must think me as good at wielding as I am in the smithy!’

She promptly looked to her shelf of best axes she had reserved for her own use, and ran her hands over her glittering helm. She smiled widely and said:

‘Malin Sandbrace, one of the Company to reclaim Khazad-dum! What a title! Pity the beard will get in the way of telling my heroic tales!’ she thought with a chuckle.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:50 AM January 14, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]