View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 02:19 AM   #25
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Maron joined in the chorus or cheering and roaring as it rose up in the crowd. His glittering axe was above his head, and his smile was that of an excited child.

His parting at home had been a strange one. Walking from his smithy, he saw a pack laid out neatly before him. All manner of things were laid inside, and he smiled as he saw his Uncle slowly moved into the room.

'Thank ye Uncle, but I can pack my own...'

'You think I would let ye on such a journey without me! Ye are thickskulled Maron Sandbrace!'

Maron almost doubled over in laughter. It had taken him the good part of an hour to convince his white bearded Uncle to stay put, and more to leave the smithy itself.

'Ye shall come back Maron, and with True-silver?'

'Aye' he had said with a grin 'And ye had better not keel over before I do!' he chuckled, and with a warm embrace, headed for the meeting place...

The memory of True-silver brought him back to the present. 'Moria! Mines of True-silver! What fortune awaits us! I could run out now if I had no sense!'

As the crowd slowly dispersed to do other things before their departure, Maron heard his stomach grumble. With a sheepish grin, he sat down on a felled tree, and taking an apple from his pack, he indulged in a quick snack. All the while through his mind buzzed the great smithy's of Khazad-dum.

'Aye, a great journey ahead. And a glory to behold' he thought to himself happily.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:24 AM January 21, 2004: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]