View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 02:30 PM   #33
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Narin stood off to the side, his insides boiling happily in anticipation. He wanted to join in the celebrations, but there was no one he even remotely knew. He listened appreciatively to a young dwarf singing intriguing songs, but what Narin really wanted was a good pint. He turned to leave the hall, but came face to face with King Dain. Narin stifled a growl and bowed low.

Narin could tell that Dain did not recognize him, and that aggravated him further.

“Good day, my King,” said Narin, and pushed through the other dwarves in an effort to get away.

He could feel some of the others look at him in confusion. Why would he be so short and rude to the king? After all, Dain was allowing this mission to Moria out of goodwill toward Balin.

Narin did not care. Let them wonder, he thought. No one needs to know my business anyway.

He left the room and headed toward the nearest pub. He would need a good stiff drink. Chances were he would not get another for quite a while.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:39 PM January 25, 2004: Message edited by: Saraphim ]