View Single Post
Old 01-02-2004, 10:36 PM   #32
Iaurhirwen
Wight

Iaurhirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Iaurhirwen
Tolkien

When I first read the Silmarilion and the Lay of Leithian, I was young and never got any idea of that. Ahhhh, ignorance [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Now, When I read them, the whole dinamic comes upon me and it is extremely disturbing.

I believe that once Morgoth became trapped in his physical form, all attributes to a physical form came along with it (including certain body parts and *cough* feelings that accompanied those parts). I don't believe that Morgoth had any intention or even thought of being a child.

I think there was a possibility of two situations that cuased his lust, or a combination of both.

1) The immense beauty of Luthien caused those *ahem* feelings to whell up inside of him and caused him to . . . (insert favorite word(s) here).

2) The immense evilness (is that even a word?) and cruelty of Morgoth caused him to want to harm Luthien in the worst way possible, and what better way than to deflower the daughter of one of your greatest enemies, who is also a formidible danger herself?

This is definately a topic open to emmense dbate as to what truly was going on, but I am certain that we are all sure that the scene is definately very disturbing.
"Will somebody find my pants?" - "What do you do with a drunkin sailor?" - "You have a giant mole!!!!" - "Tom!! Get out of the Girls's dressing room!" "But she asked me to help find her pants!!" - - - opening night chaos
Iaurhirwen is offline   Reply With Quote