Old 01-07-2004, 02:07 AM   #6
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye

Niluial’s Character

NAME: Melody Took

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: A small pocket knife with patterns carved on it and two small jewels on the handle. It was passed down from generation to generation.

APPEARANCE: Melody is a beautiful Hobbit with strong features. She has long brown hair and hazel eyes. Melody is an average Hobbit height but has rather big feet. Hobbits are known to have long fingers but Melody’s fingers are longer than the typical Hobbits fingers. She is not one to smile much but when she does smile it is big and lovely. Her favourite color to wear is green and is often seen in summery dresses with her hair down.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Melody is confident and knows what she wants when and how. She often comes across as bossy, but people feel calm when Melody is around because everything is so organized. She does get upset when she doesn’t get her way or things don’t go her way which many find annoying.

She is very social and enjoys having company. Melody loves to throw parties and is known for being an excellent cook (which is not a bad thing to be known for). Melody is a romantic and she is always in love or obsessed with someone but has never had a serious relationship. Her favourite thing to do is spend the day on a field with her best friend Ivy Burrows, having a picnic, singing songs and watching the clouds in the sky. They may be in their early 30’s but they act like ‘tweens’.

Melody definitely lives up to the Took name, adventurous! She loves to adventure and go on journeys. When she was younger she would pretend she was a Hobbit going on a journey and would spend hours playing this game outside and of course the Hobbits were disgusted!

HISTORY: Melody Took grew up in the Great Smials with her two brothers. She was the youngest and was brought up well. She was always a spoilt little Hobbit, very demanding and always got her way or got what she wanted. Her mother and father were never home, always off to visit some distant family member or are at a party. Melody’s brothers were adventurous too but were killed in an unfortunate encounter on one of their adventures, when Melody was 20. This left her sad and lonely. A year or two later she decided to socialize again and become friends with all. She grew up with Ivy Burrows and they are still friends today. Ivy was always there for Melody. When they were younger they were always getting themselves in trouble, doing things they knew they shouldn’t do! She still lives in the Great Smials and to this day her parents are almost never home. She spends most of her day with Ivy her best friend or Tom a friend, who she is sweet on (yes she is crazy in love about him and yet he doesn’t know).

Niluial’s post * FIRST FOR GAME*

Melody looked out the window and the nightmare was still not over, the trees, hills, lakes and everything ells was still covered in white snow. Melody hugged herself hopping to get warmer. The door opened behind her, she turned around and saw an angry face.

“There is hardly any food left!” Tom said walking into the room throwing all his papers on the floor. Melody backed away, she hated Tom’s bad moods.

“We must get a group of us together to get supplies! We need them or we will starve” he said in a calmer voice.

“But who? I am sure not many are prepared to go out in this cold. There are wolves along the bor…”

“I know there are wolves around the border and dangers out there! Do you think we have a choice?” Tom said interrupting Melody. His tone changed to angry again. “Why don’t you understand?”

“I do understand, I am just the one staying calm here!” Melody exclaimed putting her hand on his shoulder. Tom pushed Melody’s hand away and walked out the room slamming the door behind him. Melody fell to the floor and started crying. She couldn’t take it anymore, all this stress and anger. Everyone in The Shire was stressed and depressed. Melody hated seeing everyone like this, it was awful. "I must do something," she thought.

She sat at the dinner table with Tom that evening, it was silent. Melody looked at Tom, not sure if she should say anything. She couldn’t touch her food, she was hungry but was too distracted. She watched Tom across the table.

“Eat! Why aren’t you eating? And stop looking at me like I am an orc!” Tom shouted. Melody sank down into the chair and took a bite of her food. He had been so snappy lately, always shouting and giving orders. Melody sat up straight “T..To..Tom. I have” she took a breath “I have an idea” Melody said, she waited for a reply.

“Yes? What is it?” Tom asked.

“Well, we could go to Rivendell. Get a group of us together and get the supplies we need. I was wrong earlier! There are many Hobbits out there wanting to go on the trip, just to save their families, they would even die for them” Melody said with a half put on smile.

“That is the best idea we have so far I guess.” He paused, looking into her eyes “I’ll call a meeting tomorrow! We can send the news around about the meeting and ask all willing Hobbits to come.” Tom said. He looked back down onto his plate and carried on eating. Melody sighed with relief, maybe they could help.

The next morning Melody was up early in the kitchen singing. Ivy stood outside knocking on the door

“Knock, knock! Anyone home?”

Melody ran and opened the door and squealed “Ivy! You’re here, perfect timing indeed!” Melody said hugging her best friend. Ivy laughed and they both walked into the kitchen.

Ivy looked at Melody “why are you so happy? Its odd seeing someone happy in this town, everyone is so sad and snappy!” Ivy inquired.

“Tom and I are getting a whole lot of Hobbits together to go to Rivendell to get the needed supplies” said Melody, mixing the cake mixture.

“And you are happy because you can go?”

“Well” Melody paused “I haven’t spoken to him about that yet”

“Oh, Melody! You know Tom won't let you go, he cares for you too much!”

“I’ll bring up the subject at the meeting! You will come to wont you?”

“Me, miss out an adventure, huh!” Ivy said winking at Melody.

They ate breakfast and spoke about the trip and who they thought were coming. Melody felt bad, she had more supplies than the other Hobbits in the Shire - their pantry wasn’t full but enough to last a week or two. Ivy left after breakfast, she had some things to do.

Tom walked into the house while Melody was outside picking flowers. “Melody! The meeting is on for late afternoon. I told a few about the trip and it is bound to travel quick.” Tom said.

Melody smiled and said “Well I’ll see you at the meeting then!” and carried on gardening.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:57 AM January 07, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]