View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 12:06 AM   #21
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Eladain Moruviel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

“Aye, I am sir, and I will guess that you have come for my prize expedition of The Il Galoth Traitor, then you have found the right person. Then you can help me as can the others, it is that im waiting on my Aunt’s squire with the final details. I will ask you patiently to wait for then, he shouldn’t be too long Carathir is dependable.” Replied the girl.

As Delphinous waited, he thought about the events that had lad hp to his arriving in the capital of Gondor. He had been hunting a gang of highwaymen that were preying on travelers near the edge of Fangorn Forest. After tracking them for several days, he finally came up with a plan, he would pose as a merchant traveling near Fangorn, and hope that they took the bait.

When the bandits finally did come for him, it was just after sunrise; the dew clung to the grass like a reflection of the stars that had just faded from the sky. Del had heard the men long before he saw them, and so he was ready. Hiding his sword and crossbow under his cloak, he plodded along the road, seemingly weary; but in fact, every muscle in his body was tense, like a cat ready to spring.

The four bandits appeared on the road a few yards ahead of Del, and he could see the glint of their weapons in the morning light. They demanded that he give them all of his money and valuables, and started to advance when the first bolt from his crossbow shot out like a snake, planting itself squarely in the first man’s chest. Then a second and a third found their mark, and all but one of the miscreants lay on the ground, soaked in their own blood.

As the fourth realized what had happened to his fellows, he started to run, but too late. Del quickly outran the man, and knocked him to the ground. “Wait, wait!” cried the rogue “I have some information that could be helpful to you.” This grabbed Del’s attention, “What could this man possibly know that would help me?” he mused “Speak quickly” he growled as he whipped a knife out of his boot and put it to the highwayman’s throat. Swallowing hard, the man stammered “ Th there’s a g girl in Minas Tirith, she’s starting a group to go in search of some lost relative or something. I I heard that there’s plenty of money involved too. But but that’s all I know, I swear! P please don’t kill me!”

“hmm, interesting” Del said slowly, running the whole idea through his mind. “but how do I know that you’re not lying?” “Would I lie to a man with a knife at my throat?!?” the bandit demanded “all I know is what a friend of mine told me, I’ll tell you where to find him if you like?”

Del hadn’t had a good job in months, and if what this man said was true, he might get enough to live off of for several months. The reward for these men would be enough to keep him alive at least until he was able to get to Minas Tirith, but after that, well, he would have to see…

After collecting his reward, and getting some supplies, Del headed to Minas Tirith armed only with a name, and a place. That had been over a week ago, and now here he was, about to set off on a quest to find the treacherous Guriel Il Galoth.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:09 AM February 01, 2004: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]