View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 02:54 AM   #23
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

"If you will allow me a few minutes of consultation with my associate here, I would like to speak to the some of you further.” Maen turned thoughtfully to her companion, who spoke little. Ferethor was startled, for the figure raised his eyes and looked directly at him, and the scrutinising glance was hard and keen.

Ferethor took the respite as a chance to snatch a quick word with Aelimur. "Whether we would or not, it is time to renounce the enmity between us, Aelimur. I forbode that this task would be harsh for us all. We'd have to stand together to face the onrushing might and majesty of the storm before us - in the name of Gondor."

Aelimur took Ferethor's outstretched hand. "A truce?" He grinned, but his grin faded as he recalled that Ferethor rarely smiled. To his wonder, Ferethor flashed a quick smile in return. "For now." Then he left in a whirl of his cloak.

Ferethor watched Maen. 'I never betrayed that I knew her name - how did she know?' She was talking to a man. "Welcome to the company." He thought cynically.

Ferethor studied the man from where he was, unnoticed. There was air of a hunter in this man - he moved swiftly and in ease, and nothing escaped his glance. But there was callousness in this man - harsh, and decisive. He would not want to make him an enemy.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:04 AM February 01, 2004: Message edited by: Eorl of Rohan ]