View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 08:54 AM   #100
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Ah, me. My tone missed its mark. My comments were straight, not dry, Aman, and honestly meant. I do not use irony or sarcasm when talking with gamers here in Rohan. *mumbles with bemused frustration*

Please do remember that this game will need to be reviewed by Gandalf the Grey and SusanDelgado. Here is one of the criteria they will be using, taken from the thread The Golden Hall

Quote:
Tolkien: Keep your stories within the bounds of Middle-earth and realistic to the world J.R.R. Tolkien created. Hobbits don't use magic, orcs don't have guns, female dwarves don't travel, and there are no half-elf/half-dwarf characters. Having read Tolkien's books (rather than simply seeing the movies) is pretty much a given in Rohan. Knowing the books will familiarize you with Tolkien's style of writing (which you are not required to emulate) and, better still, keep you knowledgeable of the type of characters and events that would be 'realistic' in Middle-earth. *(There is the rare chance that a story that breaks this rule will be allowed, but it will be restricted to the highest standards found in Gondor).
Debates about magic can be found in the Books forum, but in Rohan, magic should not explain or explain away or empower anyone or anything. Escapist fantasy does not become the Perilous Realm.

Bethberry