View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003, 10:33 PM   #264
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Thank you, Pio.....

Lyra,

Your idea about the son of the plantation owner sounds excellent. I agree that we could see his father through the young man's eyes. Very clever!

Now, as far as the son goes, I think we might have to stop and think about the plot for a moment. Let's say he was one of the soldiers with the army, perhaps in some sort of minor command position?

In my last post, Selonia said she was going to return to Rhun and tell the Khan about the huorn and how they were going to create a military diversion to the west. Then, while the king's attention was diverted, the Khan was supposed to slip his army in from the east. Meanwhile, the huorn were to be led out of Fangorn to start pillaging as far south as the outskirts of Edoras and as far west as the outskirts of Isengard.

I think we need to have the Entwife escape. I could do a post where that happens when the game first reopens -- just as the huorn army is marching south towards the boundaries of Fangorn. Then you could do a post where Azunal commands your character to go tell Saelonia about the "unfortunate incident" of her escape and that she (and the plantation owner) should keep an eye out for her, since she may head back towards her enslaved sisters in Rhun. Since his father is technically the "owner" of the Entwife slave, this would make sense that the son would be sent with this message.

From that point, you'd travel east with Saelonia and return to your father. Meanwhile, the Entwife would be "rescued" by the members of the company and spill everything about her enslaved sisters. Then, the company would have to make a choice whether or not to turn east to help the enslaved Entwives. I don't think that would be an easy choice, not with the huorn beginning to go on a rampage. Perhaps there'd be disagreement between the different members.

Lyra --

Do you think this would work for your character? Would you prefer something else?

As to the green skinned part and the magical abilities...... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] We'll discuss that later..... much later! Say in the year 2005.

Cami

[ July 17, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]