View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 09:54 PM   #31
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ajada rolled her eyes at the group, minus one elf, with a look dripping contempt. It was obvious, at least to Ajada, that these people had no respect for things which they did not understand. Avery was a walking, talking ignominy that Ajada simply considered a flagitious anomaly. Radagast seemed excessively sarcastic and a bit impractical and caught up with the nature of things and beings. This LinGalad boy was a little queer, and irritatingly nervous around Radagast...the elf was a little too worried about impressions for Ajada's liking. It hardly mattered though; few people catered to Ajada's liking in the first place.

"Meliorism seems to have been unheard of by this garrulous council if what you say is true, Master LinGalad. Time perhaps will make things better. Even if such is not the case, impatience will not help in this situation. If they want to know what the problem is, but they do not know what the problem is...would it not make sense to go and find out what the problem is?" Ajada spoke up, feeling a stroke of brilliance as she wrote her own quote down.

"Ajada, how dense can you possibly be?" Avery wondered, questioning the sanity of the scribe momentarily. "I think if people wanted to get chopped up by trees they would go out there and find out the problem!"

"If they can't recognize the situation, they won't be able to fix it. Besides, if this were a book, the hero would go despite the certain fear and seemingly certain death." Ajada retorted.

"This isn't a book, Ajada!" Endereth calmly pointed out, and Avery may have felt the sudden urge to slap the scribe, whose ramblings had no apparent end or point.

"Well the way I see it..." Ajada began again, lifting her forefinger to silence Avery for a moment longer. "We have Radagast with us who tells me his...skills...are with nature. And since everyone else seems to extremely enthusiatic about solving this meticulous puzzle, I say you should all give it a go!"

And I hope if Avery goes with you, she doesn't come back! Ajada added silently, as she plastered on a mockingly fake smile towards the thief.