View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 05:40 PM   #38
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

You have to take a picture of Maika's hand and ring and put it on here somewhere!

And they would have used Sindarin, Cuthalion. I asked in the Chat, and Sharkey said:
Quote:
<Sharkey-away> "At Mereth Aderthad many counsels were taken in good will, and oaths were sworn of league and friendship; and it is told that at this feast the tongue of the Grey-elves was most spoken even by the Noldor, "
<Sharkey-away> "but the Exiles took the Sindarin tongue in all their daily uses, and the High Speech of the West was spoken only by the lords of the Noldor among themselves. Yet that speech lived ever as a language of lore, wherever any of that people dwelt."
I just wanted to make sure it would be Sindarin rather then Quenya for the exclamations. Thankfully it was Sindarin, as I know no Quenya grammar. I was prepared to learn for the sake of the game though!

And congratulations, yet again! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]