View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 04:55 PM   #4
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thelian marched into the camp of men lowering the banner of The High King, passing it to a younger elf behind him and giving him instruction to keep it safe. He removed his helm and rubbed his short black hair. His kinsmen Melost was by the fire with a young man laughing and talking. Melost was glancing up at the stars and was waving his finger to and fro attempting to show his companion the beauty of the night sky. Thelian smiled, 'old friends' he thought to himself as he looked around the area.

In the old days Thelian had been a loner, travelling the world by himself, trying to find his place. Melost had given him more than a place, he had given him a meaning. Although usually mildly suspicious of men Thelian was at ease, these were men of Numenorian blood and could be trusted. And anyway, thought the elf, any enemy of orcs is a friend of mine in times of war.

Just as he thought that he might find a place to rest himself and perhaps find a mug of ale or even water a young man walked up to him.

"Greetings!" The black haired man said.

"Good evening young warrior, would you perchance be able to point me to a place where I could have a little bite to eat and perhaps some drink?" The man smiled showing Thelian his teeth before he spoke.

"I am glad to be amongst such noble warriors as you and your kin."

"Well, if you show me where I can find some food, erm..."

"...Dorlas"

"...Dorlas, then I will discuss such matters with you further."

[ March 16, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]