View Single Post
Old 04-02-2003, 04:49 AM   #22
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thelian left Gil-galad's company bowing low before his exit.

"Good-evening my Lord," he had said appropriately before the High King had nodded to him. As he pushed back the canvas door way he slipped his hand into his pocket and brought out a green apple.

"High King he may be, but he didn't see me swip this fruit!" Said Thelian to Melost. Melost smiled at his squire knowing that it was a certainty Gil-galad had seen him.

"It seems so!" Melost humoured him before departing from his company to find some place to think in private.

Back in his chair Gil-galad smiled inside thinking of how Thelian had believed he had took an apple without him noticing.

The chilly wind was beginning to pick up as Thelian wandered around the camp looking for a friendly face to talk to. For some reason the young boy Dorlas came into mind, he may be feeling lonely what with him being but sixteen. The majority of the soldiers were at least in their twenties. The elf asked around and it wasn't long before a soldier pointed up towards one on the high points of the camp. With his keen eyes Thelian could just about make out Dorlas against the night sky, hudled in his cloak and staring out onto the wild.

In silence Thelian climbed the steps and sat himself beside the boy. It was a few minutes before Dorlas noticed the elf sitting there, gazing silently onto the stars.

"A beautiful night," Dorlas began as he looked upwards.

"It is indeed, I have seen many like this but I seem to be appriciating the night sky more and more." Thelian paused and looked at Dorlas who turned to him. "I believe it is because I fear they may be my last few..." the elf trailed off. Dorlas looked back up to the stars, somehow feeling not as alone. Thelian was scared of death too, Dorlas had always believed that elves wouldn't fear death. The other soldiers hid their fear and Dorlas felt alone. To know that someone else harboured the same thoughts picked up his spirits.

"A beautiful night indeed..." Thelian echoed as he tossed Dorlas an apple who smiled in return.

[ April 06, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]