View Single Post
Old 07-22-2003, 10:56 AM   #137
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

As Jaheira went to the fire to tend to the wounded Elf, Vlad sat down nearby, leaning back against a tree.
He was watching her, studying her movements as she treated and dressed the wounds, admiring the grace with which she did it. He remembered well more than one occasion where he had been the subject to her medical treatment. She knew what she was doing.
It was no wonder she had become a successful thief. Her nimble fingers were skilled with the lock-pick and when it came to emptying ordinary pockets, few did better than she.

Jaheira turned her head and looked at Vlad for a short moment, seeing the almost possessive look on his face as her eyes met his, before she turned her attention back to the Elf.
Vlad kept watching the scene, a smile playing on his lips. She was angry with him right now but he knew it wouldn't last. It never did.

He watched as the Elf apparently came to and suddenly grabbed Jaheira and pushed her away. In one swift movement Vlad was on his feet and then almost on top of the Elf, his dagger against the Elf's throat.

"If you touch my woman one...more...time, I will cut those pretty ears of yours off and feed them to you, understand?" he snarled and shoved him back onto the ground, then left, running his hand over Jaheira's hair as he passed her.
He vaguely noticed that the others were slowly gathering around the Elf, their weapons drawn and he sat down, with a sigh.
Who is he and what has happened to him? And who's this Arthain?
He looked up and saw Khalad staring at him, an almost pleading look in his eyes. He sighed again and slowly shook his head as he rubbed his face, knowing he was most likely going to regret his decision to let the Elf live.

"Let him rest! He's not going anywhere."

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]