Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 06:04 AM   #19
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Laurel watched as the figure came into view. It was Annunfuin, the warrior of Gondor. She calmed herself, knowing he definitely saw her startled. She bowed her head at the ocean as he muttered to her "I'm sorry, Milady, I didn't mean to disturb you and I only ended up here by coincidence. I was seeking solitude myself... But I heard your voice and it enchanted me." "And I meant what I said." He said again after a pause.

Laurel turned to the man. His features had been worn from time, his hair thin and flowing in the night. His guard uniform had seen many battles, but they showed honour and gallantry. A small smile was on his face. Looking into his eyes, she saw things that were unmistakable ‘Time has come to him’ she thought ‘He is missing things…as I am’ She thought of her prayer being that of a Queen’s, and shook her head slightly. Striving with his great grey eyes, she found the thing she missed. "If I had a daughter she would most likely be quite like you" he said, almost dreamily. Laurels heart leapt ‘Did he hear my thoughts! Dear Vali!’ she grew flushed. She lowered her head again, only to find a wave of comfort come down upon her, and take away all fear. She looked at his smile. ‘My father’ she thought, and fought back tears. "And once there was a time when I thought that my prayers would be answered...". ‘My father, oh!’ she cried out in her mind. She turned back to him. ‘You are a good man, Annunfuin. I am glad that you came. My prayers have been answered in many ways. I have also asked that there would be souls that were as valiant as those that have died defending the forest, to help me now’ She paused long ‘What would this man think of me if I told him?’ her heart bled, and she could not hold herself back.

‘In truth, good sir, you bear a spirit like my father. He was taken from me long ago, to the same Wildmen we fight now. His good heart and smile are like yours and…’ she put a hand to her mouth. He moved forward. She raised her hand, and lifted her head, with tears down her cheeks, and a resolute smile ‘And so, at dawn after a council we leave for that place. I sense that my grandmother needs me’ Again shame welled in her and she tore at herself for being so emotional ‘This is not like me at all Sir. Forgive me, and, fair rest to thee’

As she turned, she saw the movement of a figure. She again felt her heart pulse, but calmed it, assuring herself it was a simple woodland creature. She began to retreat from the set gaze of Annunfuin, but before she could he said…