View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 06:33 AM   #7
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Bęthberry had just set down her cup of coffee when she felt a touch on her left shoulder. Her head wheeled around, but no one was there. A soft laugh to her right caused her to sigh in mock exasperation. “Must you frighten me like that so early in the morning?”

The corners of Annawyn’s eyes crinkled. “I thought you could use some fun to start off a busy day like this!” she retorted. “I’m glad to see you’re taking the time for a good breakfast. I have brought you something in hopes that you would exchange it for a cup of your delicious tea.” She laid a basket of small wild strawberries on the table.

“Oh, how wonderful!” The Innkeeper beckoned to one of the maids, who hurried off to fetch a cup of tea, knowing the wishes of the frequent guest. “I hadn’t expected to see you here personally today,” she said inquiringly. “Is everything all right with the old and new banners?”

“Yes, of course,” the seamstress answered. “Two of the girls will be bringing them later. The younger apprentices did the sewing; the older ones were still busy with dresses that were to be finished, and the work was really beneath their dignity, you know. But I couldn’t resist adding a few of my own touches. If you can take the time, have a look at the embroidery before they are hung up out of reach.”

“I will,” Bęthberry promised, “and thank you for helping me out! Now, have I told you who is coming to the party?”

Annawyn sipped her tea and listened, smiling at the excitement and energy her friend exuded.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'