View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 02:39 PM   #301
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Finishing his breakfast at a leisurely pace, Hisimé looked around for the friendly Aylwen or for any serving girls. Seeing none of the latter and noticing that the Assistant Innkeeper was busy talking to someone else, he waited, slightly unsure. Eventually he rise and approached the two talking women, waiting politely until Aylwen, sensing the soldier, turned inquiringly. Nodding politely to both women, he did a double take for a second as he saw the second, who was just speaking. As she spoke, she brushed a strand of hair behind one ear, and the Gondorian realised he had been right - she was elven. Blinking and hoping it had not been obvious he was staring, he bid them both good morning with a polite nod. "Good morrow, ladies. Miss Dreamsong," he turned to the Assistant Innkeeper. "I offerered my services yesterday as a helper in rebuilding the stables. May I ask when it will begin, and if I can be of any help yet?"

Aylwen nodded. "I'm not sure what Talan's exact plans are - he went outside a few moments ago. He is in charge of the rebuilding. You know who he is? He-"

"Shy looking, fierce, dark eyes? Dark hair?" Hisime hazarded, hopefully.

Aylwen looked slight, then nodded. "Yes, I...yes."

Hisime nodded. "Thankyou, lady. And I bid you both good morning once more." Inclining his head at the elven woman - and trying not to stare at those ears - the soldier crossed to the door, leaving his cloak on a peg near the door; the day was quite warm outside, he did not think he would be needing it.