View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 01:59 PM   #15
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Feadhros and Sultir were near the borders of Lothlorien when they met with Jemel. "What has happened here?" Feadhros asked.

"The border guards told me that Nuhrivë has gone missing, and they heard screams. I don't know if there's a chance we could catch them up."

"We have to try," Sultir said hopefully. "My name is Sultir. Come, let's find the creeps who took her!"

"I'm afraid that my fears have come true," Feadhros said as they ran, his voice full of worry. "Curse me that my bow is back in Caras Galadhon!"

"What fear do you speak of?" Jemel asked. "Do you know who might have done this?"

Feadhros' brow creased in anger and he gritted his teeth. "Easterlings," he spat.

As they reached the very borders of Lorien, Feadhros stopped short, Jemel right beside him. His eyes were wide as he crouched near to the ground. Sultir doubled back. "What is it, Feadhros?"

The young elf looked up at Sultir and Jemel and back down at the ground. There were huge footprints in the mud, and there were lots of smudged tracks. "There was a struggle here," he whispered. "There are also several smaller prints, like those of a young maiden..."

"Nuhrivë," Sultir murmured in horror. Jemel took a quick note of the findings.

Feadhros continued to follow the tracks out of the forest. "They carried her; there are no more small prints. She must have been unconscious because there aren't any inconsistancies in the tracks now; she didn't struggle."

"Enough tracking, Feadhros, we have to follow them! We can still catch up if we hurry!" Sultir cried.

"And then what would we do? We are unarmed; they would kill us or take us hostage instantly. Besides, these tracks aren't fresh. We couldn't catch them."

Sultir lowered his eyes in dismay. "Well, what are we going to do?" Jemel asked.

"We should go back to Caras Galadhon. I'm sure the Lady has been alerted by now; she will organize a search party and hopefully we will be able to join. I hope so," he said, looking wistfully to the direction that Nuhrivë had been carried. "I feel some of this is my doing."

[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]