View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 04:27 PM   #21
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Feadhros sighed. "I am sorry," he said. "I feel I must go on the mission, for Nuhrive's parents are my friends, as is she. If Nuhrive dies, things will never be the same."

"No, they will not. That is why we must gather a party now, before the Easterlings are too far away for pursuit," said Jemel.

Harlon piped up with a suggestion. "I have much experience with gaining audiences. Perhaps, if I can do no more, I could send out a call."

Galadriel thought on it a moment, then smiled. "That is a good idea. Would you do that, Harlon?"

"Yes, m'lady. I'll get right on it."

When Harlon was out of the room, Feadhros turned again to the lady. "I agree that he may be of good assistance to us," he said respectfully. "He of course would not be taken for a warrior."

Galadriel hesitated. "Perhaps," she sighed at length. "Even so, we require more warriors than this."

"What about Sultir?" Jemel asked.

"I don't know, Jemel. I just don't know."

Feadhros looked over his shoulder toward the route that Sultir had taken to find Isolde and Milar, his heart sinking like a lead weight. He hoped Sultir would not tell about Feadhros' mistake.

Ru-Sahn ran close behind Skara, the unconscious girl slung across his back. He grimaced from the bruises she had given him in their struggle. She was surprisingly strong. Oh, how he hated elves, especially those from the Woods of Light. He would have cut the girl's throat had he not first considered what a trophy she'd make for this expedition. She would be a slave to his tribe, a pretty prize for all to look at.

Suddenly the girl moaned and her foot jerked, kicking him straight in the chest where his largest injury was. Ru-Sahn growled with annoyance, his patience growing thin. Someone else ought to carry this wild maiden around for a while. Let another take my hurts! But if he were to keep his dignity, Ru-Sahn would be forced to carry her uncomplaining. Striding ahead to walk beside Skara, he looked at his leader, who in turn grinned maliciously at the maiden who lay across his shoulder. "Such a pretty thing... she'll be worth something to anyone. And if it so happens that we come across her kind, they'll have to pay us for her. I can imagine the luxury we'll have with the worth of those elven goods..." Skara laughed.

Ru-Sahn said nothing, but nodded.

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]