View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 09:44 PM   #32
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Ru-Sahn constantly eyed the elf girl, each time his gaze coming closer to wrathful. He had heard the girl speak in her tongue. He was, in fact, one of few Easterlings who understood it. He turned her exquisite blade over in his hands, examining it cautiously, watching the curve of the blade and the gem placed within, hoping to somehow imitate the design in the future, if with less fine materials. It was greener than any forest Ru had ever seen, and in his time he had been to more places in the east of the world than many wild men ever dared to venture into.

Ru-Sahn glanced once again at the girl, who in turn spat at his feet- a most unladylike reaction for an elf. But the weaponsmith held his temper more easily than some, and he simply smirked with disdain and went back to the blade. I have yet to devise such a work of art as this, he thought. But finally, sheathing the blade, the man took a last sparing glance at the girl. "What do they call you back home?" he asked, to her great surprise, in Quenya, below the hearing of his fellows. The child looked at him in shock for a few moments before answering. "I... I... I think it is none of your business what my name is!"

Ru-Sahn gave a small laugh and shrugged nonchalantly before walking away.