View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 01:14 PM   #135
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami slunk back terrified behind the stage curtain when she heard her name announced to receive an award. This was truly awful. If she'd felt a little guilty before for what she'd done to Mithadan, she felt a lot more guilty now. Perhaps, he'd even nominated her for this cherished award.

Why had she ever listened to Piosenniel? As was usually the case, the Elf probably had some secret up her sleeve. Cami sighed and pulled herself together so that she could listen more carefully to Daphne Benelli. After a few minutes of listening to the presentation, Cami was rapdily developing second doubts about both Ainaserkewen and Mithadan. Where had the two of them come up with this bozo? Surely, they could have found a better hobbit than this to present her award. This Benelli seemed to be putting a definite damper on things.

Still, an award is an award, and she couldn't afford to be picky if she wanted to claim her Golden Tombstone. Cami straightened her skirts, pushed her hand through her curls, and stepped up to the microphone, coyly smiling. "From all of us out in Nerd-land, I'd like to offer my deepest thanks." Cami looked at Mithadan and tittered a little nervously. He must have had some idea of how she'd spent her college years in the late sixties for her to receive an award of this particular nature. "And I'd also like to thank all of my friends in the Downs. You know who you are. Especially in the Shire. That is, all my friends except for Piosenniel who had the bad sense to lead me astray." She glared around looking for the Elf, but could not see her anywhere.

Then she gave a little curtsey to Mithadan, nodded to the audience, and cradling her Tombstone in her arms, before walking off stage.

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]