View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 01:57 PM   #179
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aroused from her slumber on the wall by thunderous applause at the mention of Bethberry's much deserved award, The X Phly zigged and zagged her way up to the podium. She landed on the microphone and cleared her throat, startled that the sound was so magnified. The less observant attendees were rather shocked as well, The X Phly was difficult to see.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is X and I am not Bethberry."

A puzzled silence met her, they obviously already knew this much. She cleared her throat again.

"Despite my obvious status as not-Bethberry, I have been asked by the illustrious mod to accept this award on her behalf. In her stead I would like to thank the awards committee, her family for their patience, and her well worn dictionary and thesaurus. I would also like to thank the Barrow Wight for the edit and preview functions. So, let's hear a round of applause for Bethberry, currently off helping the River Daughter's Son-in-Law."

With that, The X Phly hoisted the award and drug it offstage. She was helped by her genetically altered half-bee status and a little spell from Dumbledore. Once offstage she took a little rest, exhausted, and hoped no insectavors would trundle past in the mayhem.