View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 10:27 AM   #224
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

After discussion with Thenamir, I offered to try and move the story on and so I have written what appears to be a very long post. I have tried to keep all true to what was said before and yet move the story forwards. I am new to the thread and if people wish for me to remove my post or it offends participants in any way, I shall do so. If not, I hope you like it!

Gilthalion, likewise, if this was not the way you intended the story to go , I will be happy to amend.

Edit:

Also, I know I have twisted the rules a little by writing in other people's characters but I've kept it simple and all have acted in suitably heroic fashion!

Re Guthrin: - if you read the post you'll see I'll be playing him for now on. aAs I hope I made apparent, he is a man with a stranger past than it seemed at first. The idea for using him is simply that old chestnut that "the least turns out to do the most", or something close to that.

Re Storwolos and Smrtan: Troublesome me, meddling with characters thus! I see Smrtan as a direct swap for Storwolos, the idea for the change in leadership came to me after a saw the direction your earlier posts were taking. Hopefully it will revitalise that side of affairs.

A hypothetical interim direction:

I left it with the party scattered. The way I saw it is that both parties will make for the deserted City at pace...both will be delayed. Taradan/Thenamir's group by a stop for rest and recuperation that lasts a few days: good opportunity for some conversation / character building/ explanation of Guthrin amongst other items. The Dunedlings should be delayed by other means.

As classified, this is mere speculation and you are welcome to ignore. My motivation is simple; to re-ignite this pleasant RPG.

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: Rimbaud ]