View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 10:36 AM   #420
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have my own apologies to make for not returning as soon as I intended (following my last post to this thread).

If I cannot return to aid in the final plot developments, feel more than free to conclude it as you see fit, for I see that the spirit of it is intact and the outcome is going to be "canon friendly" regardless as to whether I am able to contribute again or not.

For what it is worth, my latest crisis has been as follows:

The pastor and youth pastor of our little church decided that they were in love, and left the church suddenly, leaving two broken homes and a devastated congregation. I had been hired as Church Administrator the previous week, and suddenly found myself managing a great crisis. It has been 24/7 work here to comfort and lead 100 or so families and hold the flock together until a new pastor is found. (A friend of mine joked that these people have looked to me as if I were Gandalf, when really I am Bilbo and want only to return to my nice snug little hobbit hole far away from such adventures! A nasty disturbing thing that makes me quite late for dinner!)

You who are Christians (and know that Tolkien's God is God), pray for our situation.

Thenamir, do not hesitate to contact me at my email address <robertwgardner@hotmail.com> if you want to discuss any points with me and if there is any help that I can lend. The crisis part of my labors has subsided, but there is much to do in the aftermath as we set a new direction for our Church, restore it to a New Testatment model, and await the Return of the King!

Even so, I now have time for consultation, if not participation, if this is desired. But do not feel obligated, for if you continue with your own plans, I am confident that the result will be as good as the rest of the adventure has been! It could not be in better hands. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]