View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 11:10 AM   #38
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Tolkien

The welcomig party was going quite well. Finduilas looked astonished of course and so did all the guests.

Betuli was a bit heavy-hearted though, beacause she couldn't join herself. But that didn't really stop her! They had all been peeking on turns so she and the other maids were now discussing The Lady's beautiful dress. "But it isn't only the dress," Betuli told the others. The Lady herself is very beatiful. The other nodded and gave other signs that they agreed. "What do you all think of Denenthor then," one of the other asked, giggeling. "He looks very handsome," Betuli answerd quickly.

It was quiet for a little while then Betuli broke the silence. "I think I'll go and take another peek," she said delighted. Before the others could say anthing she had ran through the door.

She went down the hallways, hearing chatting voices at the end of it. She had now reached the opening and was looking at the guests. They all looked so beautiful in their dresses, and the lads so handsome and sweet. The whole room was decorated and the tables were filled with good food and drink. The guests seemed to enjoy themselves, lauging and chatting. "Oh, I would give anything to be in her dress," she thought while studying a dress that one of the guests were wearing. Then she gave a short laugh. "That was complete nonsense." She continued. She was perfectly happy and loved to serve the Lady. As the thought sunk in, she knew it was a lie. It wasn't a lie that she loved serving her, but she'd rather be the one who'd be served. Anyone would. "Don't think that way!" She snapped at herself. She forgot her stupid thoughts and they never returned.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted, a nice looking lad was coming right towards her. She fixed her hair and put up a cute smile. Then a shadow from nowhere appeard. One of the butlers had noticed her and was now shooing her off. The nice looking lad stopped and gave a short blink. "Was that a blink?" She asked the butler without thinking, while she turned and started to walk back in the hallway.

"I really think that was a blink!" She added quickly.

[ July 05, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]

[ July 05, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]

[ August 03, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]