View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 08:02 PM   #128
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Arien's Post

It was two hours before tea was to be laid down and although Alethea knew this probably wasn't near enough time for her to get acquainted with Adrama even more, it would have to do. She had had Meirelle place out a simple rose dress for her and bade her farewell even though the girl had insisted on stay and helping her with Alethea's hair.. Although Alethea had a sneaky feeling that she wanted to know where she was off to. Alethea left the estate, curtsying to a guard placed outside of the gate. This wasn't necessary, but precautions must always be taken. It took her little over ten minutes to walk to the public garden where they were to meet. The orange glow of the sun dazzled her eyes as she walked and in truth she felt as though she was temporarily blinded. She smiled politely to those who she knew when they past by and the odd "Hello" and "How are you?" came from the passers by.

Alethea smiled and finally found herself at the park. She walked down a path and up ahead she saw a figure sat up a bench, as she drew closer she could see that it was Adrama and she gave a little wave. Alethea retuned the gesture. When she reached Adrama she was offered a welcome handshake and she took it and curtsied in return.

"Please, dear Alethea, won't you be seated?" asked Adrama in a noble voice, Alethea smiled faintly and sat down on the bench to Adrama. "How are you?" she continued to ask.

"Well, not much has changed since the luncheon. I am still in some what of a sombre mood but my mood has indeed been uplifted by our meeting, and of course my liking for the dear Finduilas has not gotten any better?"

Adrama raised her eyebrow, "Of course it has not... and if I am too bold tell me, but why do you hate Finduilas."

Alethea sighed, she couldn't exactly tell Adrama the truth, that would mean revealing her true identity and uncovering her mother and sisters plot to her. And Alethea was not that stupid, however there were a few other reasons that Alethea disliked Finduilas. And whether these reasons were helped by the wildly spun rumours or they were created for her own perception she had forgotten. But she was to tell Adrama anyway. "I think she is false?" she said it boldly and flatly, Adrama's eyes widened with a sort of intrigue, "this whole act she is putting on! Who does it fool? Her sweet smile, the air of innocence about her, even her beauty. She has fooled many of them, 'she is the perfect bride!' they all say over their over filled wine glasses and their overfilled heads. I don't know who she thinks she is fooling, but it is not I."

Alethea finished and gave a sort of cheeky smile to Adrama. Wow, she convinced herself she was describing Finduilas, or was she? She shook the thought from her head and continued, "And your reason?"

It was now time for Adrama to sigh, "Do not tell me you don't know!" she cried.

"You wanted Denethor?" Alethea queried, knowing all to well that this was the reason. Adrama nodded her head. Alethea gave a comforting smile. "Maybe we should move on to a different subject?" And so they did. They spoke for the full two hours that Alethea was available for. Conversation passed from their hatred of Finduilas to Dryea, and then to their mothers and various other women of the court. Alethea found that they did have much in common and although she was sure her mother or sister would condemn their friendship, because of Adrama's insignificance, that didn't seem to bother her.

"Well, this has been an interesting meeting" Alethea smiled at Adrama, "I would love to meet again sometime, but know I must go home and have tea with my mother and sister. See you again soon!" And with a small wave she was off and heading back to the estate.

Nurumaiel's Post

Adrama watched Alethea until she turned a corner and disappeared from sight. She knew her mother would be upset with her being out so late, but she ignored that thought and remained sitting on the bench. Because Finduilas was false? Adrama shook her head in confusion. Was Finduilas false? Or could it be that she had been fooling herself all along? No, it couldn't be, unless Alethea had also been wrong. Could they both be wrong?

Adrama's head sunk into her hands. Quiet desperation stole over her. She was so confused. Thinking of Denethor didn't upset her anymore... why? Her jealousy for Finduilas was still there, but it was gradually lessening. No, she couldn't have been that wrong. It had only been a little while since Finduilas had arrived. She couldn't have been that wrong. She suddenly felt like crying. She couldn't take much more.

She stood up, and, turning, made her way wearily back to her home.

[ August 16, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]