View Single Post
Old 10-16-2003, 01:57 PM   #276
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Aietmen smiled. Perfect! What fools these good folk are! He felt a song coming on. A clever plan, well executed, always brought good inspiration for a song, and never had he been more pleased with a day's work. Yes, the tune was forming now.

The rest would have to wait, however. He was very busy with a steaming bowl of soup at the moment, and could not bother himself with composing. He had been allowed to stay in the kitchen for a while, and was enjoying every minute of rest. The Cook didn't seem very happy, but he kept clear of her, and there was no trouble. The last thing he needed now was them thinking he really was a thief, or simply a trouble-maker. Aman was kind, and Aietmen was confident she had given up the accusation of theft. Still, he would have to be especially careful.

Surely she can't think I'm here to beg. He wasn't sure whether he should be grateful or offended. She had grabbed him roughly, but then suddenly let go and allowed him to speak. Actually, what she did was stare at him more then listen to what he had to say. That was fine, because things hadn't really come out right when he tried to explain. After studying him, she had given him permission to stay in the kitchen to dry off and get something to eat. That was good of her, but it proved she hadn't really been listening to him.

All Aietmen really wanted was to find a place where he could sing his own songs, and dance to his own rythyms, without being hungry and cold, or having people look down on him and pity him. He deserved it, too. Wherever he sang along the road, a crowd would gather to hear him. His voice was sweet and clear, but more importantly, he sang the songs of all lands and peoples.

Sign my lighter, Meela?