View Single Post
Old 07-04-2002, 11:27 PM   #54
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

OOC -- Pio, I am very impressed with that map!

As Child looked at Pio's map, her mouth perceptibly dropped. "Of course, of course," she groaned under her breath. Uncle Bilbo had always told her that she was quite good with words, but that she had not done enough to train her eyes to see things right under her own nose.

Child saw Angara preening herself and looking very pleased. She walked up to the dragon and dropped a slight curtsey. "Oh, wise one," she said, "I have another question which you have not discussed yet. Not only would I like to know why and when the hobrim were put on this strange island, but I would also like to learn why the hobbits originally chose to travel to Numenor some time before the flood.

Or perhaps they did not choose. Perhaps, they never went to Numenor of their own volition, but were scooped up by the Elves from someplace else and deposited on this island dedicated to Eru immediately after the flood, for some reason unknown to them and unknown to us."

Child went on to explain, "I trulywish to know this. I have looked long and hard at the history of the Anduin region, and I have encountered a particular event....I believe it was in the year 2350.... which might explain how the Stoors came in contact with the Elendili as well as why the Stoors were overcome with wanderlust and the desire for the Sea, a desire that might voluntarily send them West to come to the Land of Gift."

"But I do not know if I should pursue these ancient tales further, unless I find out whether the Stoors migrated south down the Anduin and into the Bay, and then West, of their own free will, or whether they were spirited away by some greater power for some mysterious reason which might have even come from the Music itself? Can you tell me anything of the Stoors' departure from their hobbit homelands?"

"And, great one, do you yourself know why and when they were placed on that island, or is this also something which we must search for in Minas Tirith?"

Child bobbed a second curtsey and looked Angara in the eye.

[ July 05, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]