View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 05:52 PM   #235
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Child stood on the deck anxiously, looking out for some sign of Kali. Mithadan approached her quietly and rested a hand on her shoulder.

"He will return," he said. "We are his hope, his Lonely Star. I am not concerned about Kali. His feelings are hurt but they will heal. I am more concerned about Daisy. If she is to become a member of our crew and join in our quest, she must be a comrade -- she must act as our sister. Otherwise she will disrupt our work and our morale. And she has done so already. Her fear and anger have some source; there is some reason behind her behavior. The only person who can discover the source of her angst is you. You are a Hobbit. She understands you and you her. She will trust you. The rest of us are just 'big people' to her. A source of authority and, perhaps, punishment. From my experience, punishing her will do no good. Nor will threats. We must understand her and she must learn to trust us. You must do this, Child."