View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 03:37 PM   #442
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

"Mithadan," Child stammered, "I do not doubt your good will or your heart, but you must think of the consequences as well."

"It seems to me that your choices are limited. You can bring a small group of women and babes to rest upon the Star, and perhaps promise to try and reunite them with their families after the war which even the hobbits understand is coming. Turgon may not think there will be an attack, but I have yet to speak with a single hobbit who agrees with him. They know there will be war, and that they will be among its victims."

"But can you really guarantee the safety of these hobbits? Can you be certain you can get them through the tunnel without an attack? And what about the dragon flights? Our ship is docked far away. And how many times have you told us that we must not interfere with the events of the past unless we are sure of what we do? Are we certain here? "

"If you feel you will succeed, I will travel to Maura Tuk tonight and persuade him to pull out women and children who will leave in the morning. I believe I know the words to say to him."

Mithadin sat without saying anything for a long time. Then he turned to Child, with a slight glint in his eye..................

[ August 08, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]